Headers, 1 7/8" or 2" ? Did we Ever sort this out ?

Been a while since there was a discussion on headers:scratch... memory failing...
Did we ever establish a source for production 1 7/8" or 2" tube headers for our 1958 - 1964 cars ?
I hope to hear back from a fellow that I worked with last year. In the mean time I'm hoping to help a guy dispose of his silly "block luvers", so he can make some power:deal

blkss64

Well Known Member
Hooker makes their Super-Comp. headers in 1 7/8 tubing. I do not know if any other supplier offers larger diameter tubing.

oops:doh... should have mentioned "other than Hooker":scratch.
Headers for these cars do not need to be designed so you have to cut the wheel wells:dunno

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Did anybody ever find Freds jigs for his headers? Those were real nice!

Had a conversation today, with the guy I worked with last year, to re-jig the old Belanger design headers.
Sounds like he's right there.

58Imp348

This is sort of interesting to me. In shopping of course there is the Doug's (Thorley) header, under frame 1 3/4" to 2" to 2 1/2" collector tri Y. Then there are the Jardines from the Header Palace. Only 2" primaries I have seen already built. Both fenderwell and undercar. The only question I have does a tri Y make make more power?

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
My understanding from other threads (i think Jerry Jardine posted some info???) that the tri Y headers produced a good across the board power increase but tuned length headers produced more power at the rev range they were designed for i.ie if drag racing at peak RPM???

Just what i think was the out come:scratch of the discussions

Steve

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
This is sort of interesting to me. In shopping of course there is the Doug's (Thorley) header, under frame 1 3/4" to 2" to 2 1/2" collector tri Y. Then there are the Jardines from the Header Palace. Only 2" primaries I have seen already built. Both fenderwell and undercar. The only question I have does a tri Y make make more power?
Jardine also makes a 1 3/4 tri Y chassis header for our car... I hope to get em in in the next month or so when my new engine is done... I will let everyone know how they work out..
Rick
BF2532ED-52E3-45DA-9F5B-53EF738678B3.jpg

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Just a FYI. Stahl headers is having a parking lot clearance sale (out of business). Big parking lot sale on July 11-12-2014 from 0900-1400

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
I think to be really picky tri ys over 4 tube are very combination specific which is better. I dynoed mine with the 2" Jardines and a nice broad TQ band and 600 hp. Not sure how the fit is yet in a car.

You can buy the Pipemax program from Larry and input all your engine data and run 4 tube vs tri y scenarios and even see the best tube/collector length as well as diameter.