Healthcare

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
One Insurance Company, that's been on the move, is United Healthcare.:doh I see on TV that, now they are are part of Mutual of Omaha. :dunnoWhen I worked for NYS, our Insurance was called Empire Blue Cross, or The Empire Plan. For twenty some years, now, it's United Healthcare. The big fish, Always eats the little fish. Every couple of years, we receive a Cost Of Living increase in my Pension. Usually $ 14.00 - $ 17.00 a month.:appl The second month, after the new amount, United will raise my premium $ 15.00 - $18.00.:bat :doh

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Why don't anyone bitch about the insurance companies. They set rates collect money and keep a bunch of it.

And Shan, when we get done with the ins companies, let's start on the Doctors. I went in for a Ultra sound and after examining me the gal that was to do it was wondering why the Doc ordered that particular test. Makes me realize what I already knew......the Doctors write their own paycheck......

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The whole system is screwy. Docs and hospitals say their rates have to go up to offset their costs for treating the uninsured but every time they raise costs the insurance companies follow suit which creates more uninsured because they can't afford the increased premium.
I hear more and more previously insured people say they are to the point of just paying the penalty because they cannot afford the new rates. Hmmm, seems like Obamacare is compounding the problem it was supposed to remedy.....

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I heard they get a kick back from prescriptions but not sure. If so, it might explain why there are so many pills in your medicine cabinet. :wacko

Bob,Not sure about prescriptions, but I know for a fact that doctors get a kickback on lab work, X-rays, mri's and such! Our old neighbor worked in the book keeping dept. at the local hospital. Her only job was to get a daily report from each dept. on what procedures they preformed, which Doctor ordered it. She would then keep a tally sheet for all the doctors and cut them a check at the end of the month!!!!! She told me one time that all their kickback checks were considerly more than she made for the month! Also she had to report to the bigwigs who wasn't making their quotas. I guess then they were called on the carpet!!!!!
You keep piling up all them "little perks" up, it ain't no wonder healthcare costs what it does. :crazy:doh:crazy

bobs409

Administrator
And it's crazy considering what they make an hour just on office calls. For my quick check ups, my doctor gives me a 15 minute appointment and charges $80 dollars for it! (I pay $72 in cash as I have no insurance) So anyway, we're talking $320 dollars an hour!!! :thud

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I was lucky enough to retire with a Teamster pension and health care for me and my wife until we reached Medicare age. Everything worked out fine for me( I'm now on Medicare and have a discounted supplement through my old local. My wife had to pay250. A month until she is Medicare age. Damn that's a good deal!!! About three weeks ago, we got a letter saying that as of Dec. 31 she, and all others who are in those circumstances, will loose their benefit because our old plan is longer Obamacare compliant. I called the union and asked if we had any options on this. I was told no that they were ending spousal coverage because they would have to more than triple the cost and they would still not meat the guidelines that go into affect next year. I'm not sure how this will work out for her, but as of now the cheapest quote we've gotten is 650.00 per month with a 7500.00 deductible before they pay out a cent. That's for one person!!!!!! We may end up paying the fine and hoping for the best for the next couple years! Thank you Obama for all your great ideas and schemes!!!!!
Mike, I had a monthly lunch to day with people that I retired with. One ladies husband draws from the Teamsters. She said that he does not draw a lot, but he has received notice that his pension is going down Jan. 1st. They have a friend drawing a $2800 Teamsters pension and I thought she said it was going down to $600 a month, but she could have said it was going down $600 a month. She says the union is going broke. I have no idea. She has made her call to this "Medicare Connector" that we have to deal with and didn't come out too bad. Her husband has had a lot of issues the last 3 years and his policy will be $230 a month with drugs and no copays. A policy for her was $163 a month with some level of copays. If I can get a policy for Marianne and me for $230 each I guess I will take it and run. Not that it makes me happy, but it sounds as if it would be the all around better deal. I went to all four of my doctors offices after lunch and there is a common policy they all take which is Humana. That's what we have been on the last nine years, so if we can go with that, hopefully we will be ok. :pray Still don't like giving up 348-409 money to insurance companies. :tantrum

Lonnie

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I read an article on MSN the other day that said Medicare part A & B could go up to 950 per month ! That would all but wipe out SSA for me, and Im required to have it for my TriCare coverage.. Would have to sell the MH and set in the house waiting to die !:doh Would not be able to do much of anything ! The AHCA strikes again ! Of course if they had nt bankrupted the system we wouldnt be having a problem.

Bill

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Lonnie

The illegals will probably be expedited to the front of the line........you and Nuts to the rear.....

Last edited: