Heater choices in 1961

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
biscaynewagon:
The car is "down by the river" or over the hill and in a very grown up area. I don't think I can check for posi but I will remember that. The rest is somewhat easy to photograph and I will be glad to do it. I will also check about the "sale" of it if it has correct pieces for you and belairebubbletop. It has the wheels on it. I don't remember the model but it might be the cheaper brookwood. It has the rear glass broken and in a very overgrown area hence the hornets!!! Stay tuned for project "hornet car"

zippy

Supporting Member 1
61 heater pics

here we go again

Attachments

• heater 001.jpg
    heater 001.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 78
  • heater 002.jpg
    heater 002.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 75
  • heater 005.jpg
    heater 005.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 73

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
That's the way I remember the "hornet" car firewall and heater controls. Like I said earlier I thought it was a aftermarket heater on the firewall..
I will still try to look at the car for the wheels and anything else that a sw might have.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Heater??? who needs a stinking heater!!!!

55744145.jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
dq409 Now that little red box is a heater..... Will it produce enough power to light argon and neon gasses in those funny little tubes:D :D :D

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I`m coming looking for both of you !!!!:cuss :roll

Ok ,,,,, Ok,,,,,, I`m getting closer to pulling the intake and lifters,,,

At least I`m thinking about it !! Heeee heeee

Got to spring to do it !!

but really,,,, now the car is here at home so I can just walk out the back door and into the garage where she is parked,,, no excuses to do it anymore,,,,

I`ll get right on it !!! :bow :D

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
And I'll bet that you are going to pull the distdributor tonight for a "dimple" check with some of the rest of us

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dond409
There has been an interesting "discussion" on 348-409 engines on the post "no power above 3,500 rpm" and it has turned to where is your dimple on the distributor. Go over there and give your opinion but some of us are committing to pulling our distributors and checking our drive gear dimples!!!
Robert

fishbone442

Sorry to add to this old thread but can anyone tell me which heater assembly to use with factory a/c for a 61 bubbletop (coupe)?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
61 and 62 Chevy factory air conditioning had a factory air only heater core with a factory air only heater control valve attached to the heater core under the dash inside a heater box --- (as compared to non factory air 61 & 62's) with the heater control mounted on the heater box on the firewall under the hood.

I have found a new replacement heater cores " in the right length" and had the ends of the new cores replaced ---with the ends off the used factory air heater core --at a local radiator shop ('so they fit' the mounting brackets on the factory air heater box).
I also have the factory air heater controls rebuilt by Old Air Products. I have 3 factory air 62's -all the heater items are the same for 61 and 62 factory air cars.

I have pictures of these factory air A/C heater cores and mounting under the dash and 61 & 62 factory air only heater control valves

Paul