Heater Delete - pictures....?

62BT409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yes, the same question as I asked on the other side.....

I know what a pain it is for some of us to post pictures, especially me. But if it is possible, I would like to get a few ideas from any Chevy's that have heater delete. And would like to see some pictures.
Thanks
JB

M

MK IISS

Heater Delete

I believe an original heater delete car is very, very rare. I also believe many of the delete cars you currently see at car shows, for sale, etc. probably were not originally heater deletes. So how can you be sure what one of these real delete cars actually looked like when it was new? Heater deletes are kind of like the small hubcap deal. Lately I've seen several '62-'64 Impala Super Sports with small hubcaps. It seems the vogue thing to do.

I believe 1962 was the first year for a heater delete car.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Pics of my 62 Delray

Running out of batteries on the camera. Hope you can make out the details.

Attachments

• h2.JPG
    h2.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 88
  • h3.JPG
    h3.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 74
  • h1.JPG
    h1.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 73

62BT409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
models916...
Great pictures

Richard
I know what you mean with the vogue thing.

I was informed that in (not only 62) but in 62 all cars came w/o heaters, because they were an option. No doubt all the dealers added that option when ordering their stock, just like all dealers order A/C in all cars now.

M

MK IISS

heater delete

62BT409: I was thinkin' the 62's came standard with a heater but maybe 1963 was the first year. I know when I ordered my new 1963 409 it came standard with the Deluxe Heater. If I wanted the car built without a heater I had to use the RPO delete code which was C48. Anyway you got my point.

When you orded a new 1961 Impala... if you didn't specify optional heater RPO 101 or RPO 116 you simply didn't get a heater. You could not delete the heater...it wasn't there in the first place.