Hello all

Been peeping at info on this site for a while.The other day tried to register but something went wrong so I tried again today and it worked.I turn wrenches better then computors.Me and a home computor is a screwdriver and a hammer and it will work.:roll
My dad owned classic auto restoration for years here in Maryland before we sold.I was restoring 1910 maxwells and 29 ershking -mod As ts you name it.I sanded more wooden spokes when I was a little kid then I can think of.I was a ASE cert mastertech till injured and retired(broken back).Now I help the young guns get into something better then dope by teaching them to build a few motors and the whatnots here and there.We have a small 1/4 mile track not far from here they go to.If anyone remembers the BIg M showcar drive in.I am right by there .This site is full of info that has been a great help to me in the past.I got put against the wall on a motor so I figued it was time for me to join and chime in to the people I almost already know just never said a word to.Lets see the basics on me.

Quiet.Wife of 15 years 3 kids house in the country large dog you know the standard.Have a small shop 2 car here (motors everywhere and parts)at home then me and a few buddies have a large shop with a few lifts.I mostly restore cars back to stock condition whereas at the shop build beasts of burdin.Guess I have been turning wrenches for about 30 years now.I was mostly a diagnostics tech years back but changed jobs then I got hurt. I got stuck with mostly rice burner tickets at the end of my carrer as unfortunatly thats where the money is nowdays as I kept my certs up.You can always count on someone that can plug in a scanner but not read a tree to help you out.Just was tierd of hondas and toyotas and squishing in or sitting on my kness with the lift half down on the floor to get a part in so I left the shop.Also the comebacks from others were freebees so I was done.No offence intended to anyone.I guess I have done from 1909 to top fuel cars in my life.Been concentrateing on Maros for the past 10 years with other peoples help and what little mind I have .I guess mostly gen 1 but dabble in gen 2 sometimes.Like the 55s and 57s for frame off jobs in the Bel Air fashon when life permits.It don't permit enough though.Gotta few hold thems under the work bench also I break out when I am looking at something I like. Have a few hard to gets stashed all over I foget what I have.Dont talk much but very direct when I do.Well thats the blabber on me as required.Nice to meet everyone.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome purelife, Glad you decided to jump in. Your experience will be a help to many and hope we can be of help to you. :)

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome aboard!

I used to be a quiet guy until I got involved with these guys. I am better at computers than I am at wrenching, but am getting caught up more and more every day. Having a restoration project underway tends to do just that!

Glad to have you on board, hope you find some of these discussions interesting, hope you are able to contribute some of your expertise. We all benefit from one another, especially us newbies.

Cheers!
TomK

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome PureLife!
I studied automotive restoration at McPherson College in McPherson KS and we had a 1910 Maxwell model Q2 when I was there. A pretty neat little car. It was an in-line 4-cylinder T-head. Exposed valve train! It was a definite road oiler. It was actually designed to leak oil!! The rear bearing had no seal on it. There was a belly pan under the entire eng/trans. Had to keep an eye on that oil tank. It ran beautifully! 1/2 pull on the crank and you were running! We were told that it was one of only about 10 like it left in existance. LOTS and LOTS of parts had to be fabricated!! Ours was dark blue with light yellow pin stripping. I believe that the wheels were also the same yellow. White tires. Nice contrast against the brass. I now have an appreciation for the early cars that I once didn't. I still hold the 61-64 Chevrolets a little higher, though!:D
Ross

Impalaguru said:
Welcome PureLife!
I studied automotive restoration at McPherson College in McPherson KS and we had a 1910 Maxwell model Q2 when I was there. A pretty neat little car. It was an in-line 4-cylinder T-head. Exposed valve train! It was a definite road oiler. It was actually designed to leak oil!! The rear bearing had no seal on it. There was a belly pan under the entire eng/trans. Had to keep an eye on that oil tank. It ran beautifully! 1/2 pull on the crank and you were running! We were told that it was one of only about 10 like it left in existance. LOTS and LOTS of parts had to be fabricated!! Ours was dark blue with light yellow pin stripping. I believe that the wheels were also the same yellow. White tires. Nice contrast against the brass. I now have an appreciation for the early cars that I once didn't. I still hold the 61-64 Chevrolets a little higher, though!:D
Ross

We had 1 wheel fall off(cotter key broke) and the car stayed up on 3 wheels atleast for a 1/2 mile till be realised it and stopped.It would pull a wheelie with no problem also.(driver error ofcourse).Luckily ours was all stock and we had no need to fabricate parts.I miss that car