Hello everyone

vetkllr

Well my name is Richard, I'm from central California, more specifically, a small farming town known as the fruit basket of the world called Reedley (read-lee) we are about 20 miles away from Fresno home of Fresno State Bulldogs! I go by the name of VETKLLR because that was my name in another forum, then became my login for numerous other things and well it just stuck, easier that way. I have had my 63 for about 10 years now and the only major mod I have done is rebuilding the 327 that was in it to begin with. The way i got the car is a little interesting. There was this kid who's grandparents had a lot of money and wanted to buy their grandson a car, so they bought him this 63 Impala that had just been slightly restored, I don't know what else to call it, new paint, interior, engine compartment cleaned and painted, as well as the trunk, you get the picture, not a restoration just a very nice car. Anyhow seems like the kid who ended up with it drove the crap out of it but at the same time started putting a few dollars into it, new felts and weatherstriping etc. etc. small detail stuff. and one day he comes into autozone where I had worked, at was trying to figure out a knock in the engine, I don't know what he was trying to do but he came in about 5-6 times one day at was extremely frustrated because he literally had the engine in pieces in his garage floor an didn't know how to put it back together. Me being very familiar with the car (small town) made him an offer.... I told him to "look outside you see that bright candy yellow 82 buick regal with those nice 13" dayton wire wheels, I will trade you straight across for your 63, the way it sits in your garage" The kid emphatically says " Really " I suprisingly say " Really!" and well that night i went to his house and we took care of the pinkslips while his parents stood their in disbelief saying "are you sure you want to do this? it's your car but I wouldn't do it!" but the kid was wanting my regal and I gave it to him. About 2-3 days later the kid calls me up and says "Im not to sure about the trade we made, I'm having second thoughts" I told him the car was already registered in my name and that a deal is a deal! And that's how I ended up with my car. You guys I'm sure will tell me if i did the right thing by keeping the car or if I should have given it back!
As far as my car goes I'm trying to restore the engine compartment back to it's factory original appearance I was in the lowrider scene for a short period of time and found out that it's not really for me.
Well that's me sorry my post was soooo long oh and by the way the knock in the engine.....yep, cracked flywheel!
Well guys I'm happy I found this website hopefully I will be able to help someone like you guys have helped me.

Thank you,
Richard.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Richard:beerbang Yes post some pic's of your 63. I had one many years ago. Bought it for 50 bucks off the original owner bone stock and in all original condition and near mint cond. I was using it every day for about a year when the engine started to burn oil and I mean cops pulling you over and saying "Hey buddy you can't drive around with smoke coming out your tail pipe like that" Burning oil:cuss I know all it needed was a rebuild. but I had so many cars and projects back then, and cars were cheap that I just sold it for 100 bucks:takethat:takethat:takethat. Just one of my "the one that got away stories":bang:takethat:takethat:takethat.