Hello from Texas

redbubble409

Just found this site from a search. Recognize several names from some of the older sites(shesrealfine409). Started a 1962 Bel Air basket-case resto several years ago then life got sidetracked and car put on hold. Had a major theft/buglary to the tune of $12k worth of tools stolen, got married, moved out of Dallas to the country, that sort of thing. The car has been in storage and now it's time to re-start the project and get it on the road. Looking at a couple years or so for a completion date. I hope! Ha Ha.

Randall
redbubble409

dean409

Well Known Member
Bubble top? Very nice!

Hi Randall,
You picked a good time to start your project as there are more companies now than ever that cater to restos. Show Cars has a great catalog for stock rebuilds and motor updates/upgrades, as does Year One. I've bought most of my 409 stuff from Show Cars or ebay. Glad to meet you! What part of Texas?

redbubble409

Dean,
We have moved east of Dallas towards Greenville not far from Redline Raceway in Caddo Mills. Used to live in Garland and still work in Mesquite. Where about's you live in the Dallas area?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Randall, 40 mi. east of Dallas? Maybe Greenville? You are my neighbor , whether you like it or not. We race at Redline every Friday night during the season. I live 30mil north of you in Ladonia. Feel free to drop in anytime, 903-367-7272 Welcome, :)

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Randall, 40 mi. east of Dallas? Maybe Greenville? You are my neighbor , whether you like it or not. We race at Redline every Friday night during the season. I live 30mil north of you in Ladonia. Feel free to drop in anytime, 903-367-7272 Welcome, :)

Ronnie,we have alot of members from Texas you could start your own mini convention at Redline dragway :dunno

Welcome to the site redbubble409

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
just last saturday i passed thru texas on rt. 40 pulling a 36 ft xtra tall trailer with 2 robot cars onboard. spent the night in amarillo. there was about a 35 mph wind going east and was pushing me along starting in NMexico. I have a dually diesel 2005 ford that usually gets 6mpg when towing. got nearly 10 mpg in that wind. that made an xtra hundred miles on a tank of fuel! anyway, i miss Ronnie and my other friends in texas. and if you do a 409 gathering at redline, count me in.