hello! new old guy here

Woodie99

I have a Black / red 1965 Impala SS 4 spd 409 / 340 hp
I also have a 1964 complete 409 / 340hp i am wodering what the value is
I also have a 348 ???
I've been a car guy for many years restored several Corvettes, a 63 Pontiac GP and some others
I cannot do any work any longer... just living the memorys ...

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree, that complete 409 is just about worthless, however, if you really, and I mean really, need the space, well I guess I would come get it out of your way. And welcome.

Woodie99

Thank you gentlemen. Well i have an offer now of $2600 for the 409 so ithink I paid more back when cars and parts were crazy high. I had thought i had bought a 64 car so I bought the engine and then the man backed out of the car deal. oh the things I did back when.
Funny I have fellow that wants my 65 SS 409 and he wants to trade me a 53 Packard Carabian(SP?) Convertible neat car but it's white / black and although I like the car color just doesn't trip my trigger. Oh well it's just fun talking these days.

Woodie99

No I'm in the tiny town of Lisle, NY 16 miles North of Binghamton and 50 miles south of Syracuse along I81

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site! :cheers

If your 64 340 hp 409 is really complete, as in having the exhaust manifolds, factory carb and air cleaner, I'm thinking $2,600 might be a little low. I'm guessing it should sell for more like $3,500 :scratchI haven't really watched prices lately but I just thought I'd throw out a guess. :dunno
Maybe some other will chime in and give you a more accurate idea.