HELP.. 62 Bubble Top Headliner

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hi, I really need some help with the deciding the correct original headliner for my bubble top. Ciadella says the 62 had a cloth, not a star pattern. Could anyone tell me which headliner is correct. I have a red interior so I need a white headliner, I believe. Thanks.... cashguzzler

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Impala is star, the Basket weave is correct for BelAir. I purchased two from Original Auto Interiors Inc. in Michigan. Great guy.
Quik9r

Shake-N-Bake

Well Known Member
Our red interior '61 Bel Air had a white fabric headliner that looked a bit like a basket weave print. We replaced it with something very similar that Ciadella was able to find. It wasn't exact....but very very close. One would need the original material to hold up against the new material to tell the difference. Sounds like you received the same stuff as I. It should work fine. :)

For the seats, we were lucky and Ciadella was able to find OE fabric for the cloth portion. They also had some reproduction material but the OE stuff had a richer look so we plunked down some extra money for what we thought was a more premium looking product. I don't know how well it will wear compared to the reproduction stuff so I guess time will tell. We are driving the heck out of the car so eventually stuff is going to wear out again. I guess that is the idea, right? :)

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Our red interior '61 Bel Air had a white fabric headliner that looked a bit like a basket weave print. We replaced it with something very similar that Ciadella was able to find. It wasn't exact....but very very close. One would need the original material to hold up against the new material to tell the difference. Sounds like you received the same stuff as I. It should work fine. :)

For the seats, we were lucky and Ciadella was able to find OE fabric for the cloth portion. They also had some reproduction material but the OE stuff had a richer look so we plunked down some extra money for what we thought was a more premium looking product. I don't know how well it will wear compared to the reproduction stuff so I guess time will tell. We are driving the heck out of the car so eventually stuff is going to wear out again. I guess that is the idea, right? :)

My money is on the original stuff lasting longer........everything gets cheaper, or made with less care or standards it seems

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
It sure is nice to have a site like this, especially for us 1st timers in the 62 year cars. Can't wait to see it all complete. Will put the
pictures up as soon as I get it done, just another red interior, but I can't wait.
:love