HELP ! interior paint

Does anyone know the correct reds for the interior on a 63 impala ss my car has a padded dash, i think the metal part of the dash is semi gloss? is the column the same ? . does anyone know the paint codes its all very confusing, or where to get the correct paint . Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Reactions: 327

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Does anyone know the correct reds for the interior on a 63 impala ss my car has a padded dash, i think the metal part of the dash is semi gloss? is the column the same ? . does anyone know the paint codes its all very confusing, or where to get the correct paint . Any help would be appreciated. thanks

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I posted the original red paint codes that came from GM on the link Keith posted.
But note that matching those codes probably can’t be done. Todays paint codes in that link should work.
The dash and steering column were flat in original cars.
Paul

Hoyt99

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I found that Rustoleum Colonial,Red in the spray can was as close to Chevrolet “ medium red” as I could find. Very close match to the dash color - so that a light spray touch up blended in quite well. I went through a trial and error process - ending up with a lifetime supply of various redmspray paints.

Also found a vinyl spray dye from S M Arnold in dark red that matched the upholstery. Got it at good ol’ Amazon.

Just my experience and opinion.

Chip
63 425hp

Hoyt99

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
my purpose with the various reds was ro make my Impala look a lot better - not to make it perfect or an original perfect match for show - needed to get rid of the rust and scratches, and am very pleased with the results - but they are probably not 100% correct.

it definitely looks a lot better

Chip