Help me keep an eye out

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Some one broke into my car[broke out the tailgate glass] and stole my Bob Walla heads and rocker arms,and my Comp Cams roller [solid] cam Saturday night.Most likely they will appear on Craigslist,or E-Bay.This happened Saturday night.Another setback :bang on this project.:gaah

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Sorry about that Don.:furious:angry That really sucks.:wtf I will keep an eye out for any Alabama Craig,s List offers and any Fee-Bay listings.
:crazy:cheers

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That is terrible. Low life crooks most likely have NO idea what they even are. Are Bob's heads marked with serial numbers or any other way to positively I.D. them if the cops do find them? I would think that with something so rare that it shouldn't be an issue, but I once had a heck of a time reclaiming a 17" chrome SS wheel that turned up at the scrap yard 4 miles away on the day I reported it stolen.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
If they had any numbers,I didn't see them on the one that I had unpacked as I received them from Brian.At least I have a decent set of 817's I can use,along with an Eddie single carb small port intake. It'll just mean settling for a lot less power.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Man, that's bad news.
I just hate a goddam thief like that. :bat

If the theft happened anywhere near a scrap yard, it could well be someone stealing them just for the scrap value.
My shop is close to a wrecking yard and there's always people showing up pushing shopping carts full of scrap metal.

It also might be worth looking into whether your home or auto insurance might cover theft from your vehicle. :dunno2

I hope the stuff turns up somewhere.

Don 409

Well Known Member
Sorry to hear about that. I'll keep an eye out here. I also think it would be sold to a scrap dealer. I don't think something that rare would be offered for sale if he knew what he had. You could check your local scrap yards and maybe offer a reward.
Don

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Got to wondering- if the thieves weren't scrappers looking to make a quick buck they likely could be 348-409 knowledgable and monitering this site???

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
So sorry to hear the horrible news Don, unfortunately that doesn't make the situation any easier for you......Hopefully you reported to the police so there's a record and some form of insurance will cover it.........best of luck.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Sorry to hear about the theft. My son had 2 expensive freestyle bike stolen from his Blazer. His home owners policy covered the bikes, but not the damage to the Blazer. You might check into your insurance policy.