Help me with a plumbing problem

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
Here's the picture. I have two Edelbrock 600's on an Offenhauser high rise manifold. I would like to hard line my fuel lines without rubber hoses. Elelbrock uses a 5/8-20 thread into it's carbs. Holley uses 5/8-18. I bought two 5/8 -18 inverted flare adapters from Edelbrock to replace the hose fittings on the carbs.

Now here lies the problem. I need to 90 degree straight down to a 3/8 inverted flare, instead of coming straight out the side of my carbs with steel lines. I can't bend a steel line sharp enough to 90 down and back inside the valve covers. I can find no 90 degree fittings that go from male to female inverted flare, and I don't want to use colored AN fittings.

Any help will be appreciated.

dave in denver

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
here's a couple of ways

to do it, don't know if this helps or not.

The first 2 are Edelbrock with black AN fittings and stainless line, the third is stock carbs with black AN banjos anr pro-lite line. Both have regulators and all of the fittings are jegs or earls if I remember correctly.

Attachments

• DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 83

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, Nice job on both set-ups. Real nice. Never seen that on the stock carbs. Pretty cool .........:beerbang

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks, Ronnie. Making stainless lines is frustrating and fun at the same time; I want to do one with the glass filter and tees also, but the regulators seemed like a good idea. That pro-lite line is real easy to work with and looks almost old-school, too.

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
Dave,

I see that you have already conquered this part of the build. I like the first picture. Nice and clean. I was hoping to keep a period look and not use any AN fittings. I went ahead and did a preliminary mockup last night, without the 90 degree elbows that I have been looking for. I had hoped to drop the lines straight down from the carbs, but this might work OK.

270441204.jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
MileHiSS:
There is something similiar with my 61's motor and the picture of yours!
Robert

linkage001.jpg

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Robert, It appears #4 plug wire is dangerously close to the exhaust manifold. Please correct this soon, I like the way your car sounds running on all 8......:)