Help Needed With College Course

mabeauchamp

Supporting Member 1
All, I apologize if this is not appropriate. Bob, Please remove at once if I overstep my bounds.

I was one who went right from high school into the military. After getting out, I found myself being capped on the proverbial promotion ceiling in my profession without a degree. As a result, I am attending night courses in addition to my Impala restoration. In my current course, Business Research, the professor has left it up to us what semester "research" subject we'd like to choose. His only guidance was "find a subject you're interested in." I'd like to tie my research into my hobby and what I feel passionate about, my Impala project.

I'd like to conduct a brief market survey on 58-65 impala part providers based on my and others experience. I'd hit the top 5-6 suppliers and ask a standardized list of 4-5 questions dealing with customer service, parts quality, prices, etc. I wouldn't think that this voting would take anymore than 3-5 minutes.

Would anyone be interested in this information or help me out with the survey?

Bob, would it be okay to start a thread on the subject?

I have to pitch the idea later in the week and just want to make sure I have a survey base to poll.

Mark

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I'd help

I may have dealt with only a few of the selected vendors you might post, but I'd be willing to respond, in support of a good research design :).

Assuming it's OK with Bob, and that you have a base of responders, you might pilot a sample questionnaire so you can "dial it in". You never know, you might be missing something and someone will suggest that change. Then you can implement the tool with full bore :).

Good luck, I'll help out if I qualify!

TomK

mabeauchamp

Supporting Member 1
TomK and Bob,

Thank you for the help. It will be interesting to see how the final numbers turn out. I received approval on idea. The next thing is to develop a concise and usable survey that folks can comment on. I hope the number of responses will help weed out bias and the end result is usable to all members. I know that I sure would have like know going into my project where to find the best prices, best service, and/or best quality. These factors are not necessarily always of equal importance. The results may also help our niche area vendors serve us better.

Thanks again.

cabriolet409

Well Known Member
I have dealt pretty extensively with ShowCars (they built a complete 409 engine for me) so I could answer questions regarding them. you can leave me a Private Message through this site if you want me to help.

mabeauchamp

Supporting Member 1
Thanks to all, I am just about ready to go prime time with this thing. I really think the vendors, and subsequently all of us, will benefit from this info.

TomK, Cabriolet409, and Bobs409, I dropped each of you a PM on the subject. I owe you a beverage of your choice (if I ever get my 62 on the road and to one of the meets). :beerbang

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Check your PMs

Mark:

Check your PMs, I posted my initial set of comments on your questionnaire. Good start!

Cheers,
TomK

mabeauchamp

Supporting Member 1
Which part suppliers are good and which ones are not?

It took me a while to work out the kinks. Thanks to Bobs409, TomK, and Cabriolet409 for the help dialing this thing in.

The survey can be found at

http://home.earthlink.net/~mabeauchamp/58-65_Impala_Survey/survey.htm.

Just check the blocks and hit submit. I will receive an e-mail with the results. I will keep everyone posted on the results.

To show support to the site for letting me post this and thank everyone for their help, please include your member id on the survey. This is optional but if you participate, I will randomly (out of a hat) pick an id and make a $20 donation to the site in the winner's honor.

Mark

mabeauchamp

Supporting Member 1
Just an update. Thanks to all for the support. I received roughly 29 total responses so far in ~24 hrs, 11 from www.348-409.com and 18 from www.chevytalk.org. All entries appear legitmate based on initial analysis of the replies. I should be able to pull some usable info from this data. Thanks again. I'll keep it running as long as I continue to receive input. The more participants the better.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mark, I only have delt with a couple of your listed dealers so I was only able to help a little.
Ray

mabeauchamp

Supporting Member 1
Who’s the best and who’s the worst?

Well, the results are in; some were expected and some were not. Thank you to everyone who participated. I have posted the results at the following URLs.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mabeauchamp/58-65_Impala_Survey/Survey_Part_Suppliers.ppt (2 mb in size)

http://home.earthlink.net/~mabeauchamp/58-65_Impala_Survey/surveyresults_18SEP06.xls (350 kb in size)

There are two files. One is the working Excel spreadsheet with the raw data. The other is a PowerPoint presentation of my analysis of the results. I will be happy to answer any questions this data/info may raise.

At a minimum, the info will help new members in search for reputable vendors.

Now what everyone has really been waiting for, the winners are:

Chevy Talk: Dougs61
348-409.com: Fatride

A $20 donation to each site will be made in this person’s name.

Again, thanks. I hope each of you find the information useful in your projects.

Mark :coffee:

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mark, Very interesting results.
I only wish you would have included the smaller venders that can and do give more personal service like Phil Reed, Schaffer Bros. and a few others.,,dq

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
fatride said:
Naanaaanananaa, I won and you didn't DQ :evil And my 60 is almost as fast as your car!:D

ALMOST DON`T CUT IT !!!!

Naaanaaanananaa !!!!!:evil

:D :D :roll