Help with 9” and driveshaft

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
When you do get the driveshaft done take it to a truck driveshaft shop so they can bolt it all down and spin balance the assembly. Makes a huge difference. I bought my telescoping one from an old drive shop guy in Arizona. The telescope slide on the back half makes things nice.
anyway spin check them before installing even if you went to some 400 driveshaft and make them pay for and imbalances

Last edited:

taws697

Well Known Member
No new input to offer, but, that Biscayne is bitchin!! Clean clean great color, wheels, I like how you dressed that up like a stock 327/300 too. No froo froo billet or anything dumb just what it woulda come with:good:good:good
Thank you. It has the Trick flow aluminum double hump look alike heads as well as an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold. I ground all of the markings off of the manifold and did some port matching on the heads and intake. Trying to pull off a factory look though. The voodoo solid flat tappet might give it away though.
550FA88D-9D70-4F92-BD97-7E89C47BCA2E.jpeg
4125B6CB-E430-49D4-A41A-093CF8DE00E3.jpeg
BE30E3F4-33FE-4D59-B960-A2DBE3B3FC38.jpeg
31EC494A-646F-4996-8052-B986DD6B80DE.jpeg

taws697

Well Known Member
Instead of calling it aa 300 horse call it a 340 or 365 horse,they both has solid lifters.What cc compustion chamber did you get? Those Trick Flows are a NICE performing head.
The heads have 60cc chambers. It’s got a factory small journal crank with arp main studs, “Pink” LT1 rods, and .030 over forged flat tops with valve reliefs. I believe I’m at about 10.4:1 with a .040” quench.

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Going to throw out my 2 cents. Please don’t be offended. You stated you’re trying to pull off the factory look. Putting anything other than a stock looking tachometer is just not a factory look. Looks wrong. Sticks out like a sore thumb. When I see other than a factory tach in 63-64, I ask myself, what was was the owner thinking? Remember too, that’s me and it’s your car to build as you like. The 63-63 dash tachometer was the best looking and functional tachometer (in a place to be easily read) in my opinion. That’s why I’m for the old school “original stock” look.
Another question? What is the build date on the cowl tag?

Fuzz

taws697

Well Known Member
Going to throw out my 2 cents. Please don’t be offended. You stated you’re trying to pull off the factory look. Putting anything other than a stock looking tachometer is just not a factory look. Looks wrong. Sticks out like a sore thumb. When I see other than a factory tach in 63-64, I ask myself, what was was the owner thinking? Remember too, that’s me and it’s your car to build as you like. The 63-63 dash tachometer was the best looking and functional tachometer (in a place to be easily read) in my opinion. That’s why I’m for the old school “original stock” look.

Fuzz
I guess I used the wrong term when I said factory look. I guess its more of a “day 2” look or “period correct” look. It would be fairly easy for someone with a trained eye to pick out the Holley 650 double pumper and fuel lines, the hooker headers, the fact that the intake manifold is much too tall for a 300hp/327, the valve covers are a little late for the build date of the car....etc. I bought the Sun Tach for $50 and thought it would be cool to throw in the factory housing. I heard the factory tachs weren’t very accurate. Not sure if that’s true though.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5

Fuzz
I suppose you don't allow makeup on your wife now that she is older than when you first met her in your younger days??? Ha,,, . My son did the very same thing with his tach in his 64, sun tach. Can't say I disliked it . Me,, I just went with a factory tach ,as you say they looked original.