Hey guys, have you seen this....

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
wont be cost effective

The only way to make hydrogen cost effective is to produce it from some natural power source like solar or wind. If you produce the electricity from a generator or battery from the vehicle or engine you are running the hydrogen into, there is always a loss. It takes more fuel to power the generator to supply the electric to produce the gas in the cell. You are not saving any money of fuel. You may be running cleaner or better, but that's about it. You need to mount a solar cell on the roof.

Daddys409Belair

Supporting Member 1
Models-

I found out that a fellow discovered a way to produce hydrogen from water using a process called fractioning. His name was Stanley Meyer. He claimed that the Arabs offered him a $$billion$$ to make the system "go away." Take a look:

http://www.waterfuelcell.org/

His process is far more efficent than electrolisis; using less than 1/2 amp to make a tremendous amount of hydrogen. The test vehicle he made (he claimed) could run from New York to L. A. on only 22 gallons of water.

Hey Rock-

I'm not saying that the first website you looked at would replace gasoline as a fuel or was even a good idea. However, I do recall the 'experts' telling Christopher Columbus that the world was flat. Is it not feasible that a 'zero point' power source is available, and we could have free energy soon?

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Smart ?

I smart enough to keep my nose out of this one and fold a paper bag.:roll

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
tap water? NOT

Deionized water........ Ozonated water.......... This stuff is much too bucu. 86 dollars for 5 gal. of deionized and ozonated water. That is a touch higher than gasoline. These guys are engineering cars to run on water. They are not concerned about the economics of the project. The project seems to have a foot in the door. I hope some big corporation gets involved and determines if it can be done commercially.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If you go to the first website there is a link to Stan Meyer`s dune buggy.
Both of those videos are there.

I say if someone like Stan can make a car run on this stuff it may not be too far off before this could be a viable alternative to fossil fuel.

Gotta keep an open mind. Sometimes I think the science community have their heads up the smelly hole.
You smart guys don`t wack me, not putting any one smart down, all I`m saying is sometimes the simple man can achieve more by ignoring scientific fact and just doing it.

Take medicine for example. Doctors view medicine as science and ignore the alternative medicines like Chinese medicine that have worked far beyond the the short time we have had modern medicine.

As far as Columbus is concerned the story that the Queen sent him out to prove the world was round and not flat is false.
He sailed to find a short cut to Asia.
The globe was made and used way before he sailed !!! Fact !!
http://www.ibiblio.org/expo/1492.exhibit/c-Columbus/columbus.html

Attachments

• Pu5UGK2wgprhlUqMOFik3n9LqChd.jpeg
    Pu5UGK2wgprhlUqMOFik3n9LqChd.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 10

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I agree

Many energy sources can be made or manipulated at home. The real problem is making them viable to the masses. Infrastructure will always be a big issue. While I worked on natual gas and propane engines, (clean, light duty diesel), fuel stations where the biggest hangup. Most of the engines are for buses in big cities where the fuel can be located on sight.

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
www.nevc.com

SSpev said:
Many energy sources can be made or manipulated at home. The real problem is making them viable to the masses. Infrastructure will always be a big issue. While I worked on natual gas and propane engines, (clean, light duty diesel), fuel stations where the biggest hangup. Most of the engines are for buses in big cities where the fuel can be located on sight.

You're right TOM... EXACTLY right !!!!

This is why I believe that E-85 IS the silver bullet answer :D
Ethanol will stabilize farm prices and will keep jobs in America. Our nation is the only nation on earth capable of producing that much agriculture. As far as the middle east is concerned, let them eat sand!

AND The infrastructure to distribute and dispense E-85 is already there...

Jim, You're too funny!!!! "all I`m saying is sometimes the simple man can achieve more by ignoring scientific fact and just doing it"
:roll HEHE Ignore gravity all you want to. Won't keep you from falling and bruising your knee anyways...

My next 409 will be running on MOONSHINE!

Rock

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Rockfish39 said:
You're right TOM... EXACTLY right !!!!

This is why I believe that E-85 IS the silver bullet answer :D
Ethanol will stabilize farm prices and will keep jobs in America. Our nation is the only nation on earth capable of producing that much agriculture. As far as the middle east is concerned, let them eat sand!

AND The infrastructure to distribute and dispense E-85 is already there...

Jim, You're too funny!!!! "all I`m saying is sometimes the simple man can achieve more by ignoring scientific fact and just doing it"
:roll HEHE Ignore gravity all you want to. Won't keep you from falling and bruising your knee anyways...

My next 409 will be running on MOONSHINE!

Rock

If I need to rely on E-85 to solve the energy problem, I'm going to sell everything and buy a horse. They run on hay, grain , grass and water.
The cost to produce a gallon of e-85 is more them a gallon of gas at the current price.:grumble:

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
jester said:
I smart enough to keep my nose out of this one and fold a paper bag.:roll

Obviously you`er not !!!!:roll :roll :roll

And Rockfish,,,,,,, I`ve defied gravity many times !!!:brow

Attachments

• rp8tcwG7BlescUC9acVly77T0lKl.gif
    rp8tcwG7BlescUC9acVly77T0lKl.gif
    72.4 KB · Views: 24

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
dq409 said:
Obviously you`er not !!!!:roll :roll :roll

And Rockfish,,,,,,, I`ve defied gravity many times !!!:brow

Ok, your right , but... I think I can still fold a paper bag.:roll :roll :roll

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
We can all, pretty much, fold a bag. But can we all refold a map? :roll :roll Skip :)

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
skipxt4 said:
We can all, pretty much, fold a bag. But can we all refold a map? :roll :roll Skip :)
I passed map folding in high school, but that was soooooo long ago.:roll

Daddys409Belair

Supporting Member 1
Hey Guys-

So far, I have noticed an increase in performance. I'll give you a quick list of pro's and and then con's:

It has REALLY cleaned up my intake valves (my father believes that's due to the small amount of water vapor that also gets piped in with the hydrogen and oxygen.)

The truck (a '98 Chevy 1500 4.3L) had a problem with hard starting (before I installed the hydrogen booster) if it sat for a few days. That problem seems to have abated since I got the solution correct (I'll cover that in the Con section!)

My mileage has climbed up from 11.2 mpg to 13.4 mpg:) (approximately!) since I got the solution correct. I know that mileage seems low, but I carry a LOT of equipment and chemicals.

Cons:

HEAT! This little devil (I made mine from PVC) got so hot (when the solution was off, mind you) it popped the 30 amp fuse and WARPED the PVC 4 1/2" fitting at the top! Once the solution was corrected, the heat has dropped significantly.

:mad: GETTING THE SOLUTION RIGHT!! I used Drano as an electrolite. I put in WAY TOO MUCH and it pulled about 25 amps cold. When it got hot, the amp draw went out of sight and would blow the fuse. I drained enough electrolite out, added water and got the draw down to 17 amps cold and 22 amps hot. It's not blowing fuses and I'll let you know what the amp draw is as time progresses. I may add more electrolite to increase the gas production (and mileage!) but it won't be much more!

I don't know if you fellows know this, but rubber conducts electricity! It really shocked me to put it together, hook up an ohm meter, and discover a moderate voltage leak! I used polyetheylene on the final unit and took care of the problem.

Vibration! The plates kept loosening as time progressed causing shorts and open circuits. I finally put a stainless nut on both sides of each plate to lock them in place. On the ends I used two nuts to lock each other in place.

This may not be a con, but I really wonder about the long term effect on the alternator. A constant 17-22 amp pull may shorten the life of the alternator; it may not. I suppose time will tell.:dunno