Hi,B Body lovers!

cliff-1972

Well Known Member
How y'all doing?Finally found a site deicated to the B bodies.I have a 1964 Impala 2dr Sports Coupe.It was originally a 327ci. 4spd car.It had a 68 350ci and 4spd when I bought for $1600 in 1988.The 350 did have a set of 461X camel hump heads on it though.Well the small block is done gone and so is the 4 spd.It now house a 468 BBC and T350 w/ reverse valvebody and trans brake.The converter is a Coan 10" w/ 4200 stall.The old 8.2 w/3.36 gears has been replaced with a 9" N-case w/ 4.33's and detroitlocker (31 spline).The 468 has 15.1 comp,049 oval ports fully ported to the max,.722 lift mech roller and so on....I also installed a 10 point cage,but I need to tie it into the front horn so it will be a 12 point.It is still street driven but not alot.I have a set of AFR 357 CNC'ed heads for it but they might be alittle to big for the 468:dunno My plan is to biuld a 496 or larger and install a Procharger F2 on it to get 1000-1200 rwhp on pump gas(I'm big into this Pump Gas Drags those magazines got going these days:D )Well,that's alot about my car and none about me:D I'm a pipe welder/fabricator/diesel mechanic by trade.And I have a beautiful wife and 5 month old daughter:D

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
Sounds like a bad a@@ car. Hope to see pics of it and hear more about that engine build. I have a friend that did a f2 build, very impressive. 3800# chevelle. Only lightning done was the hood. Full interior. Went in the 8's. By the way, pics???

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Cliff!! With a beautiful wife, 5 month old daughter and a great 64 Chevrolet..............you are only missing 2 things......a 409 engine and a grandson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site!!!! YOU fit right in!!!!

cliff-1972

Well Known Member
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all:D A 409 would be awesome:bow I did have a 60 over 396 which comes out to a 408ci. in it for awhile that's as close as I could get to a 409:D I will add my webshots to my sig for y'all.It has a video of the Imp there also.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Cliff!! With a beautiful wife, 5 month old daughter and a great 64 Chevrolet..............you are only missing 2 things......a 409 engine and a grandson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site!!!! YOU fit right in!!!!

Welcome Cliff. Sounds like life is good...Lots of info here and a great group of folks...
Phil, You forgot the Harley...:doh

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Phil, You forgot the Harley...:doh

I just didn't want to overload Cliff with my first message!!!! It will take him about 20-25 years to appreciate the grandson remark!!!!

That could be the next big decision...............2x4 409 or a Harley????:dunno :dunno

cliff-1972

Well Known Member
A Harley:D It took my dad 54 years before he got his first one,he's 58 now.I hope and pray my first grand child won't unit 20-25 years from now.As for me a Harley maybe when I'm 54 like my dad:D