Hi everyone

Tuxedo63

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Tony and i live in Rochester NY.
I have a friend i met in Syracuse at the nats a few years ago.. And this year he was telling me about this place at the Syracuse Nats so i figured i'd drop in..

I've alway's loved big body chevy's, i'm sure my dad had a LOT to do with that..
He had his share, and i was told all those great story's growing up about 'em..
I used to have a real nice original 66 Impala SS (dad had one so i had to follow in his foot steps:) )back about 10 years back, but ended up selling it unfortunatly.
Of all the car's i've had, that was the one i should have never sold. It's eaten at me ever since. This year i decided it was time for another Impala.
This time a 63 though..again, he had a new one and the 63 is my personal fav so it was a no brainer for me, it had to be a 63.
I was looking for something close to his, a non SS 327 4 speed car..

A friend of mine had one, a little different than dad's, but an unmolested original car with 50K on the clock..i could deal with the differences considering the condition and color of this one:)
A deal was made and i drove it home.

I'm the second registered owner ( my friend never registered the car).
It's a tuxedo black 63 Impala 2 door hard top. Red gut, 283 glide.
Unrestored, radio delete car..99% of the paint is even original.
I even found two build sheets in it, one under each seat..

I did install original dual exhaust on it, along with 327 cross flags..( i know...but they look cool:D )
The rim's are vintage Mickey Thompson's from the 60's, and i have a full set of black JK code rim's for it with thin white walls and dog dish caps. I switch back and forth when i get the itch..

Here's a couple pics of it.
new63c.jpg

new63.jpg

I also have a few other cars as well. I'm BIG into hotrods and customs and spend a lot of time in the shop building stuff..
I have a 33 ford pickup, 32 ford 5 window ( in pieces), 57 chevy belair 2 door ht that i've had for just under 19 years now (first car), and full custom 53 chevy belair that i'm just about done with.
I know these don't fall into the catogory of this forum, but just figured i'd tell a little about what i do..

Looking forward to learning here, and hopefully giving back as well..

Thanks,
Tony

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tony, Welcome....... Black 63 is a nice looking car. Good choice. Please weigh in whenever you feel like it. :)

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
Nice to see ya!!!

Hey Tony,

You found my hiding spot. There is a great bunch of guys here. Any and all questions will be answered here. That 63 looks very nice. You got a nice looking ride there. Hey you got to post a couple of pictures of the 53. I mean it. The car that you won the award with in Syracuse. The guys here will appreciate it and will see all the time and work you put into it.
Well it's late here time for bed.

later

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
Tony,

Welcome to the party. Your 63 is gorgeous.

We love pictures, including cars outside the scope of this forum. I have a warning for you though. If you hang out very long here you will be looking for one of these engines with the really cool valve covers for that '63:roll :roll :roll

Tuxedo63

Thanks for the welcome guy's. Don, i'll dig up a pic of the 53 and post it later..
The W motor is my ALL time favorite mill..

And i actually have 2 right now. A 348 with tri power and a dual quad 409. Both need rebuilds, but i have them:) .

I thought about doing an engine/trans swap on the 63 with either the '09 or a 63 300hp 327 i have here and 4 speed ( i have everything needed to make it a stick..i even have the dash with the tach cut out and an original tach for it), but even though i like to modify just about everything i own, i'm not sure i want to touch this one.
It's lasted a LONG time without being touched so it's a tough one for me..

Thanks agian guy's..
Tony

Tuxedo63

As long as you guy's don't mind a different year chevy posted, here's a couple pics of my 53..These are from a few months back,sorry there not that great, i thought i had better ones on here..
home built custom.

new53.jpg

new53-2.jpg

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nice car

That is a CLEAN and NEAT 53 Chevy. They don't come much better than that.

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
nice 53

This car won a special award at the Syracuse Nationals. These pictures don't do the paint justice. This is a must see in person. I know it's hard to believe, but this was Tony's first paint job. And let me tell you you will not find one flaw in that paint. I've known Tony for some years. Only see him once a year when he comes to town for the Nationals. He always stays at the Holiday Inn by my house. And that's where I met him. It's like we were old friends. We look forward to seeing each other every year too.

Tuxedo63

Damn Don, thanks for the kind words on my car!!
Your right, it's kind of funny but it is like we've known each other for a long time.
That once a year meeting is like catching up with an old friend..

SS425HP, thank you as well, it's much appreciated:)

Tony

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Change of heart

Been my whole life thinking I didn't like customs, that 53 is so clean I think I may have a change of heart! :dunno

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Nice

Nice 63 and a super nice 53. I too had a 53 2 dr sedan I was customizing. Nosed, decked, lowered, got thrown in jail, oops! Long story short had to sell it 20 years ago to pay fines and court costs. Yours is much nicer than mine ever would have been. Glad to have you aboard. Brian

Tuxedo63

Thanks a lot fella's..

I was hesitant to post the pics of the 53 at first, i'm a member of a couple other boards as well and the're pretty funny about posting off topic ride's on them..
It's refreshing to see a place where people enjoy seeing other ride's as well.

Thanks again for the nice welcome.

MRHP, I dig your screen name..Noting like the good ol Clay Smith logo.. i actually have that tattoo'd on my left arm :) i know, i have issues..LOL
Tony

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
clay smith

When I grow up I'm gettin a tattoo of Mr. Horsepower too, but I hate needles! I think we both have issues!:roll :cheers

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You want to talk about issues.
Where do you want me to start the list.
We all have issue here:eek: