Hi from Battle Ground, Washington

Nice to find this website since I just added a '58 Impala to my eclectic car collection. The now-deceased owner's widow had little documentation, but it apparently wasn't driven since 1992. That's when the California "title only" title was issued. She said it has been stored inside since and was repainted in the original Snowcrest White (which is still flawless, as is all the chrome and stainless). It has a 348 with tri-power, 3-speed with overdrive, positraction, fender skirts, continental kit, manual brakes and steering. The interior is trash and I've ordered a new turquoise one from Ciadella Interiors. I'll also be adding power brakes and steering. I have drained all the fluids but haven't started the engine yet. I'm optimistic that the engine has been rebuilt because its components were all separately painted before a new gasket set was installed. I'll be doing a minor tear-down to confirm that.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Welcome, mossback44.:clap 58's are Great looking cars.:goodLike other members have said, let's see some pix.

James jones

Well Known Member
Hey mossback, what a beautiful car you have! It looks like it just left the factory. That is the sharpest 58 that I have seen in a lot of years. I know you are proud of it! Your garage area is also pretty impressive. I wish I was still able to keep a car as clean as yours and to enjoy it. James jones

Thanks, James. Until last summer, the clean room that you see was a dirty, dark, unheated 1987 pole building full of car projects and parts. I emptied it out, insulated the walls and underside of roof, installed drywall on the walls and perforated fabric on the ceiling, painted the walls and the old 4-post lift, epoxy-coated the floor and installed a propane furnace and LED lights. Not only did I end up with nice clean car storage, I paid for the remodel by selling the "junque" that had previously resided there. I actually have my workshop in another building so this one stays pretty clean. Here's a picture prior to the remodel.20180926_155112.jpg

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
ahhh said the blind man...I didn't see the previous posts...beautiful ride...:bow