hi, i need some help !!

my60belair

hi guys, am new to this site and forums, i own and trying to bring back to beauty my 1960 bel air 4 door sedan, at this time am stucked with this question,"did these cars had a headliner trim or rails on the sides to tuck or hide the edges of the headliner?'..im assuming am missing both , i see the front is there, the back i think tucks under the glass seal but what about the sides??were there any ,does anyone know where can i found them?..thanks!!!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
At first I was thinking yes there is trim, then I wasn't so sure. I'll look at my 60 impala parts car.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I have been busy the last few days and have not gotten to the four door to look. I will do it tomorrow weather permitting.

62BillT

Well Known Member
Sedans are different and will not have the Headliner Trim like a Hard Top does. The Bel-Air 4-Door Sedan doesn't have side trim. I'd have to check on some of my parts cars though to see what Moldings it does have. I know it's got 4 Windshield Moldings (2 Uppers and 2 A-Pillars).

Last edited:

my60belair

thank you peter, sorry till now i logged back in, ur ride must be a beautiful machine,now i was told by the seller on ebay that the 4 door sedans did not have those side trim rails,good thing i asked him first,the ones he had available for sale were like yours, he says that my headliner its just held by some ""teeth"" there and those are on my car, but obviously something still has to hide the edge of the headliner, i was thinking maybe it gets folded inward and those "teeth" hold it in place, the headliner might come with a hard tab to get it pressed on there once is folded,...thank you so much peter.comes to worst i might have to improvise some type of rail there.

my60belair

thank you @62BillT, yes thats what i was told the front (windshield) and back glass are there,its only the sides that i have no clue with...thanks again

62BillT

Well Known Member
That is correct on the Fold. Again I would have to take a close look to be sure, but it is Folded over somehow on the sides.

Bill

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I am not sure on this ,but it seem's like there was a round beading covered with a material that run next to headliner on the sedan's for many year's.

my60belair

thanks bill (again), i just found a youtube video from "ciadella interiors" hes doing a 57 i think he says, and sure enough it tucks in inward supossely the headliner comes with the tab to get it in there and it looks like the windlacing . covers it

my60belair

folks when i began to work on my bel air, i ordered the trunk floor pans ,there are 3 ( left,middle,right)...before i had a chance to take them to the shop, my body man had already build'm himself with even thicker material,so i was left out with those panels,now..if anyone needs them or have any use for them including to be sold at a swap meet let me know, you can have them free, may be just a lil help with shipping ,as i have no use for them now. let me know if anyone wants them, they are to a 1960 bel air 4 door sedan might fit others i dont know,

Attachments

• 20150713_115853.jpg
    20150713_115853.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Finally got out in the field to look at the headliner on the 60 four door. There is no metal trim. Headliner is hidden at the termination point on top of the doors by wind lace.

my60belair

fellows , wonder if anyone can help me out, i bought and ne,ed to install the lower wheel/bracket for the parking/emergency brake on my 60 bel air,the old one its gonne i do have the top one ,the question is can someone tell me where the bottom one goes under the floor pan??,i dont know if its welded in place or bolt attached,i just dont know where "about" will be located.