Hi My name is Rick and Im trying to locate my Impala SS 409 1961 stolen

chevy40961

wow..... great.... thank you so much... I just need to discover who bought it....

Thanks again buddy... very helpfull your informations....

Jim409_Pontiac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
These stolen car things can be a real “catch 22”.
As much as you want to see a stolen car returned to its rightful owner, you can’t help but feel sorry for the guy who buys it legitimately from an auction.
You would think auction companies would check closer for these things.
Hopefully you can track it down and the new owner can get reimbursed also.

chevy40961

Hi, I won the case, the big problem now is how to do the recover.... I can´t take anything from him cause the guy do not has nothing in his name.... Hope Obama send him under the jail....

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I looked at the window sticker again...............DesMoines is mis-spelled. Wouldn't Chevrolet have that correct??? One option I've never heard of.........HD front seat cushion...$7.55?????????????????? Tommy?????????????

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I looked at the window sticker again...............DesMoines is mis-spelled. Wouldn't Chevrolet have that correct??? One option I've never heard of.........HD front seat cushion...$7.55?????????????????? Tommy?????????????

HD seat cushion...for fat ass people

chevy40961

It´s wrong... there is some diferences between the 1961 and the 1962 409 engine... The guy never know that....The engine is a trully SS 409 but data coded 1962 instead 1961, follow the previous owner, he changed the engine in 1962 as the 1961 has 360 hp and the 1962 has 380 hp.
The trans looks to be not correct also, follow an email that I received.. the original was aluminum and this car has a cast iron....wrong engine decals and shocks too..

chevy40961

There is some things that are little strange on the Biuld sheet.... follow one guy that sent me an email....

information on window seems to be wrong,data plate on firewall should say SS,but not 409,engine ...this may have been an SS,but not a 409!!!!!!

Is it correct this informations ?

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You need to hire an attorney. If that is your car that sold at Mecum they are not going to help you, they could be liable to the purchaser and aren't going to assist you, there could also be fraud issues. An attorney will subpoena selling records etc.

chevy40961

Hi, I just have an attorney and just sent him all info about the Mecun Auction.... Just waiting to hear from him to know the next step on this case...

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
That window sticker is not an original sticker, that's something that someone made up and obviously did not know what they were doing.