Hood Scoop Help

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I need some of your thoughts with a good hood scoop.:? I’m not sure what would look good on my 62 Biscayne and function well. I have added 1” spacer to my 2x4 intake and would like to add higher ones like on Monk’s build. I would like to upgrade the intake in the near future if I can find the right one for the money.

Thank,
Brain

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I have a fiberglass 4 inch cowl hood for sale! I had it on my car, but went back to a flat hood with lower air cleaner. Hood comes with lightweight springs. P.M. if interested. I have some pictures somewhere if you like.

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here's my '62 Biscuit with a Buick Stage 2 hood scoop mounted. Before this scoop, I had plans to use my NOS Super Duty Pontiac scoop but they just look a bit on the small side for such a large car and I wanted something just a little more.........substantial. I had considered a fiberglass 4.00 inch Cowl hood but they just don't look very Nostalgic and I really want to retain the early-'60's Drag look.

Attachments

• BISCUIT 1962 -2.jpg
    BISCUIT 1962 -2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 123

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Maybe that's what mine is, a Stage II. Looks just likes Marks.

Attachments

• DSCN1293.JPG
    DSCN1293.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 84

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes Jason,My friend Bugsy's 64 has a stock intake,with a 1in.spacer under each carb,stock hood:deal

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Where can one get one of those scoops? Are they easier to find thatn the Ford/Pontiac type?
thx

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
BSL409 look at the thread new pictures. That is the hood on my car. I did not know how to link to the thread, sorry! I can get a current shot or two if you like, but the hood is off the car.