How About Some WWII Stuff

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Are you keeping or wanting to sell. ???? Dennis (phalon409) has interest in that or at least he did, maybe thats changed.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Arent there some museums that put those in and displayed . If you are keeping those i can understand.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very nice. I have collected a few things myself. Got a picture of my father in law with a Nazi flag somewhere in the house. He landed on D Day with the rest. My collection mostly are a few bayonets from the Franco Prussian war, WW1, WW2.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have my memories of my dad. These are just material things.
I have tubs of uniforms and lots of pictures.
Thinking a shadow box with a few things, one for dad and one for mom.
Brother is not interested, he has what he want's from this stuff.
Hope I don't sound like I don't care for my dad and his stuff. I love and miss him daily :salute:salute:salute this is just stuff.
If I could sell this stuff I will split it with my brother.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Humans by nature are sentimental… and we cling to too much, we have to have too many material things, I don’t know if that’s mostly being American or not….. there’s nothing wrong with your point of view ……your memories of your father and mother are the best things that you could have….. thank you for sharing your collection….. and it’s quite obvious you’re not cold about your father as if that were the case he wouldn’t of felt like sharing with your friends…..I’m sure he’d be proud for all of the right reasons

wristpin

Well Known Member
My suggestion is keep the medals and ribbons and documentation that was presented with each medal. Sell the other objects and use some of that money to buy very high quality wood for your son to make shadow boxes. The other money do as you think.