How much per gallon...????

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That uses an engine driven mechanical fuel pump, with 42 fuel nozzles and flows at a rate of 500 psi at 7500 RPM which is about 100 gallons per minute. I love fuel funny cars and dragster’s. Take my son to the drag races to get his nitro fix every year! Nothing like watery eyes and snot bubbles coming out of your nose! Soon as he gets it cleared up he goes back for more! I raised him right. Nothing on this earth shakes the ground like two top fuel dragster’s running side-by-side. 20,000 hp. One cylinder makes more horsepower than a NASCAR engine, think about that! A friend of mine builds fuel funny car’s and dragsters and has a championship IHRA season trophy.

BB7ABF1D-D52C-496C-8FED-6C6625629C91.jpegC11024B7-DA1F-4B1F-A6BA-122CEE83266F.jpeg

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don’t remember how much alcohol the top alcohol dragster is used off the top of my head I have to do some thinking, I used to go with Bob McCosh in Columbia who is a Chevrolet dealership and had an alcohol dragster. I do remember that his engine was about 11 to 1 compression and he shifted at 10,600 RPM. I used to help him at the track... I do remember that those engines made about 4000 hp. Alan Johnson done his cylinder head work. And I remember you could buy a new Corvette for a set of heads!:facepalm Trust me Bob had several engines on the trailer. Several million dollars in his set up until he got a divorce:doh
i’m sure James remembers Bobs alcohol dragster days. He used to come down to our camp and hang out too!