How to tell if 58 Impala was factory 348 car??

jercars

The car is unrestored right now but's driveable which is good because I can't tear into it until I get my current project done so I'm doing my homework and parts hunting now so I can have it all in order when I restore it in a year or so. The glass should be original so I will look and see if I can find some dates. As with the engine, it seems like it's a bit of a Frankenstein. It looks like 2 different engines were put together and it seems odd too since the car only has 16,000 miles. I'm guessing there was a failure and someone found another motor that coincidently happened to be close to the correct dates. My goal is to get correctly dated components and although it will never be true numbers matching it will still be correct. It's not for any resale purpose as the car likely will never be sold. If it was a 6cl or small block car I would probably do an LS conversion and some better suspension but being a tri power car I think this one should stay pure. I bought this car for my father who has always dreamed of having one but he is to much of a cheap ass so I took the initiative and made it happen. We lost my mom earlier this year and finally having his dream car has really helped get him out of the house and living again. Pretty awesome feeling pulling him out of the house and surprising him with the car on the trailer.
Question on the carbs too, The dates on them being Feb 8th could they have made it from Rochester and onto a running car within a week or two? Or should those also be from January?