Hurricane Irene

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
All's fine in Abingdon,Belair Maryland area.Never lost electricity,winds were very strong last night.They are still gusting heavy this morning,rain is over.My son lost electricity,had to get up 5:00am and take my generator to his house to run his sub pump.Would have been a real mess.,he did lose 1 tree and has another tree leaning on second tree.Going to my parents old house in a bit to check that out. Have not heard from Robert,I E-Mailed him last night,he's real close to the water low lying ground.Hopefully he'll hook up with us and give us a update.You Long Island guys and North East Guys be careful and be safe. . John

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Things are calming down now , some tree and electric damage . I am useing a genarator now we are ok .

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just got power back in Connecticut on the coast. Rain wind alot of tree broke and down. One of the members here I now worry about is in Vermont (W Ogden) Hope you are clear of all that flooding I am just seeing on the TV.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Made it through that one. The southern end of the county(Crisfield) still has significant flooding as of this evening. Allot of folks don't have power except on my peninsula most do for reasons I don't know. Our power problem was just a tripped breaker(quick fix) My office building doesn't have power and we "blew up" a generator Sat night that caused big problems at the emergency operations center and they had to move to the backup location. Found a trailer portable generator but it won't run the whole building just the EOC center.
The 61 and the boat are ok but have some tree issues(minor)
robert

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Robert,good to hear your alright...Was starting to worry,hadn't heard from you in a few days. Hey Robert,Dick and I will be coming to town in a couple of weeks.How about setting up a tour of Lloyd's Pontiacs Collection.?? Be around the middle of the month.Will give you a call.. John:beer

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
ok let me know a couple of days in advance for your historic Lloyd's Pontiac tour.
robert

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
ok let me know a couple of days in advance for your historic Lloyd's Pontiac tour.
robert
Glad to hear you're not treading water someplace in Chesapeake Bay. I was wondering if Lloyd is on higher ground. What a loss if the SD went under.

No409

Supporting Member 1
we lost power 8AM yesterday, still dont have it, they are saying up to a week in some parts of Mass. i had to try 4 different ways to get to my shop cause of trees and power lines down. I have power here, just not at home. Actually the whole town of Douglas is without power. nothing major happened in my yard, just a lot of branches and leaves to pick up

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Power has been out for a while fellas so I have been off line and then trying to catch up with other local events. VT as many know was beat to death with wind and a lot of rain. At this hour it appears that we have over 100 roads closed and many bridges damaged or missing. Our town has a mountain stream that runs thru it which reached unseen heights and ran over the flood walls. Yesterday the complete town was shut down with only one route (rt 7 south open to traffic. The main corridor to the east and west (rt9) is now closed and will remain closed for some time as the new bridge at the base of the mountain is damaged beyond easy repair. Gonna be a long time before things get back to normal. Fortunately, we live to the west and north and survived unscathed except for some minor wind and 5 inches of rain.
Here is a link to one event on the east side of town which was repeated too many times through out the state yesterday. http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/interactive/article/20110828/NEWS02/110828010/

Glad it is all over. Walt

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:D Glad to hear you made it thru ok Walt. As soon as I got power back and watched what you people were going thru made me think of you.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
X2M,Walt,We still havent heard from our New York guys,I'm praying that it's just a power outage and nothing more .

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
In Belair ,Md. and surrounding areas like ABINGDON,ABERDEEN,HAVRE DE GRACE,WHITEMARSH AREA,electric has been out since Saturday.The news media is saying it could be Friday before electric is up and running.Its really a bummer,sometimes you have to drive ten extra miles because they have the roads closed,where normally it be a 1 mile drive.The businesses that are open are so jammed packed ,you would not believe it.The storm was really not all that bad in this area,just wind gusts,heavy rain.Not a tremendous amount of flooding,mostly in the the low lying bridges areas...Just hope it gets better soon..:bang:bang:bang

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dick we have three very used up generators(135 KWH,120 KWH and 35 KWH) down here that didn't make it so I hope yours does better at Johns. The 800 KWH's did well but of course those are Cummings V12 powered. Two of the above are Perkins and I'm not sure what the 120 KWH set was. Our building with the County Emergency center got power today but there are allot of crews out tonight. Including ours!
robert
Cecil yes, Lloyds area did ok.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
John, Do you need my generator?

Dick We're good.My electric never went out.All up and down my street is out but my electric stayed on.Jason has been using my generator at his house.He's good to go.He just ordered a generator on line,.should be to him within a week.Thanks for the offering. John