Hurst Super Shifter with bench seat

JWahlstrom

I'm getting parts together to put the Muncie in my '64 before spring. Have any of you run a Super Shifter in these cars, and if so, how much work was required to clear the tunnel and seat?

Reactions: 327

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The super shifter is a great shifter but I don’t think it’s going to be bench seat friendly! The stick would also be a little to short!

Reactions: 327

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I think if you use the 61-63 tunnel cover the shifter will fit.
A 1964 -4 speed car did not use the tunnel cover.

See my pictures of a Hurst Competition Plus with the tunnel cover -I think the taller super shifter can fit the shift boot hole in the
black tunnel cover

P1040768_tn.jpgP1040769_tn.jpg

Geary Trussell

Well Known Member
I used a aftermarket shifter that is shaped like the oe stick shifter that fits a Hurst competition plus housing. It works great for me on my 59 bench seat car. I believe showcars sells them. By the way it’s not necessary to cut a big hole in your floor board. I cut a 2 1/2 x 3 5/16 slot that clears fine. Don’t know why gm cut such a big hole other that landing the body with the shifter already installed.

fourspeed409

Well Known Member
This is the Super Shifter 3 setup that used to be in my 62 Biscayne. I don't have a picture of it in the car. The shifter was actually for a Muncie but I adapted it to a Borg Warner T10. The shifter was moved forward slightly and tipped forward at the top by drilling new holes in the mounting bracket. This all fit through a factory size 4 speed hole without the tunnel extension piece.
20150928_185905.jpg