I bought a distributor

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I bought this to take it apart and check it out. I checked with the vendor a couple of times to verify that it is a 348-409 and not a sbc. They call it a sbc tall deck 348-409 distributor. Not sure why they call 348 409 a tall deck small block. They told me it would not fit a sbc or bbc. What the hell, for $58. I'll take a look. My HEI trigger is a ProComp from ShowCars and cost 4x that amount. Looks to be somewhat different . Could be just spare parts for my current one. Should get it in a couple of days, I'll report back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201376477518?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
s-l1600.jpg

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's procomp and it is for 348/409. My price is $46 but with free shipping it comes out about the same. I could probably get them a little cheaper if I bellied up for more qty but I don't trust them.

bobs409

Administrator
I can install it in my 409 and do a "road test" if you need me to. (of course, I get to keep it free of charge for my trouble) :D

Been thinking of trying an HEI for my 409 to see if I notice any performance improvement.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Yep, that's why I contacted them twice about the fit. Bet it scares people away! $58 though, what is that, 8ยข an hour?

skipxt4

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
What I'd like to know.:rolleyes How can China build Great products, like Motherboards, Video Cards, HDD's for computers, but when it comes to Auto Electronic's, they fail?:dunno

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What I'd like to know.:rolleyes How can China build Great products, like Motherboards, Video Cards, HDD's for computers, but when it comes to Auto Electronic's, they fail?:dunno
Who ever asks them to build stuff specs the quality and they can build good quality, like brake shoes and pads (sometimes, maybe 15% are good). But who asks them to build this auto electronics stuff? Someone whose motivation is price, not quality.

MoboMac

Well Known Member
It's NOT just the Chinese.......over the years......if found that ANY aftermarket electronic ignition system or fancy coil/spark amplifier will be the FIRST part to give up the ghost...and leave you stranded at the side of the road...MSD Acell...even Mallory.....in the old days....

Whenever I but a new (old) car.......I toss that stuff in the junk pile....immediately...and replace with stock components...