I despise newer cars, so my truck is a 57 Chevy.

Richard/SIA

Well Known Member
I finally got it cleaned up just enough to not be embarrassed for people to see it.

Well used and abused, but I intend to make a decent truck out of it.

Basically stock except for the 69 350 High-Perf car engine.

Today's major project was to remove over 600 lb. of diamond plate steel from the bed.
The entire deck had been welded over.
It's only a 3/4 ton truck, now I can carry a decent load.

100_6946.jpg

100_6948.jpg

100_6949.jpg

100_6950.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks pretty good. Has the factory flatbed. I have made a few wood kits for those beds.

Richard/SIA

Well Known Member
Actually a dual-ram dump bed!

Actually a dual-ram dump bed.

I need to replace a solenoid, but I jumped it and found that the dump-bed works! :clap
Power up, but a slow bleed for down.

Now I have to grind off a lot of weld bead where the diamond plate had been welded on. :cuss

I've used much worse beds, the lumber store is at the end of my block so I guess I will have no excuse not to replace this wood.

I'm hoping I can get more than 55 MPH out of it, rear gears are LOW in these old 3/4's!

I may have to put an OD five speed in it.
Anyone know which model I should be looking for?

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
That's a pretty decent, truck. The sky's the limit, what you can do, to it.:clap Oh, yea, there's no emission junk on it.:clap:clap

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just don't get into a frontal collision with a Toyota Prius, your truck won't survive and you'll probably be killed too!:roll:roll

Richard/SIA

Well Known Member
You did not notice the Prius pounder front bumper?

Just don't get into a frontal collision with a Toyota Prius, your truck won't survive and you'll probably be killed too!:roll:roll

You did not notice the Prius pounder front bumper?

This is an old work truck, with a stout front push bumper replacing the flimsy original.
Drivers of tin can cars and Prius may actually try to avoid doing stupid things in front of me. :D