i GOTTA learn to drive

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
i made it thru 3 rounds at mason dixon dragway sunday at the "Lee Sherman" memorial stock and super stock race. i joined the footbrake (no electronics) class. those guys are tough. 4th round i draw my most hated rival...(a mustang) he dials 10.29 and runs a .30 --------i dial 10.39 and run a .40 with .059 RT not too bad huh? his RT? .016 :eek: dammit......i cant count that fast :roll

BTW: east coast drag news was there snapping pics all day. if i see pics on there site, i'll update.

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Bob, you are doing great, thats 1 or 2 rounds more than I usually go.:doh Keep up the good work.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bob...did you happen to make a jig for those headers you are running?? I know of a few people who'd love to have a set of those.
Awesome times....my best so far is 7.38 @ 96 MPH with a 1.76 sixty foot
in the 1/8th mile. My convertor didn't stall nearly as high as expected and the car was lazy for 30 or 40 feet out. Then pulled hard the rest of the track. It's out now and replaced with an 8" TCI. Would have been awesome for a stock tire class or street racing though. Hopefully I'll make it back to the track in the spring.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
because of the location of engine in my car.......i would imagine my headers would not fit any other car. Hooker sells a set for BBC conversion in x frame cars.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's right...you set your body back on the chassis some didn't you? Seems like I read that. Did you also lower the engine when you notched the crossmember, or was that all for oil pan clearance with that full sump pan? I have a couple of sets of the Hookers. They are not in the same league as yours. Just changing the oil filter is a pain with those on, but I've been using them for about ten years now. It's looking more and more like the "engine swap" Fenderwell Hookers for the early Chevy II is the best way to go. I've still got to rework the two rear tubes, but the passenger side fit like it was made for the car. Thanks for the quick reply.