I had no idea where to put this.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I spent 5 month's, working in Minute Man Car Wash, after I graduated from High School:clap:bonkDon't know what living is, till you have to work 7 hours, replacing Master Links in a frozen chain, when it's 0 * inside.:yikes:drop

And at that time Skip as you were slaving there changing links in below freezing temps did you ever have a inkling of what lay before you which would be in nowspeak as the Grand Master of Skillet Whoomphing Extraordinaire Unlimited.:winner

Mark

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Most of the time, when it was snowing, the cheap boss, would send everyone home.:appl Then there was the unlucky few, that would have to do the chain, or shovel snow. :tantrum I was SO happy, when I passed the Civil Service exam, and got a NYS job.:dance:whistle

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I spent 5 month's, working in Minute Man Car Wash, after I graduated from High School:clap:bonkDon't know what living is, till you have to work 7 hours, replacing Master Links in a frozen chain, when it's 0 * inside.:yikes:drop
95% of all of our car washes over here are the same as this one
Can tell some funny stories about them and some of the idiots that use them (bit like this guy in the video)
I used to maintain them for 3-4 years working in the oil industry

Will put some stories on here later as have to work now. Lol

Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Story 1
Oil Company site car wash in invercargill my home town.
We used to have a service code that you put into the machine to test it on your work van.
We had just finished an upgrade of the machine and were there cleaning up our gear
We used to park the van in the carwash and then go put the code in to the machine. that way you could from the outside watch the brush pressures on the sides of the vehicle and the roof of the vehicle. You could adjust all of these things while watching how it was doing.
Well, the know it all SOB who managed the site was showing off to his buddy how the car was worked.
He gave his mate the code and told him to put it in once the car was in the wash
He didnt tell his buddy to not put it in until he was out of his car and clear of the car wash however
peter (oops sorry) drives into the wash and gets out of his car, not realising that his buddy had already put the code into the machine
The machine starts up water and brushes just as he closes his drivers door
i have never before or since seen such a deserving drowned rat as the three piece suit that walked out of that wash...

Steve

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
When I worked at Minute Man, I think I was the youngest worker.:dunno I was very naive.:doh Most of the other guys were there a long time, because I realized, many were uneducated, and this was their career.:confused Our supervisor was an overweight sourpuss. He would sit at the cash register, and stare at everybody. Just a Fat- Ass ball buster.:hammer He had eye's like a Hawk.:dunno2 Boy, could he spot a streak in a window. He would open the office door, and shout, that window isn't clean.:wtfNobody, liked him.:clap A few of the black workers, had a nickname for him. "Bull" This guy lived 60 miles away, and Never took a day off.:thumbdown One day work started, and he was Not there.:danceI asked Tibbs, where the Bull was? He told me the Bull had to go to the Hospital, and have an operation, on his Ah-ss. :laughWe laughed, the whole day, after that.:laugh2 AH-SS:roll

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
73301529_3040973772585880_7263219567927754752_n.jpg