I have a 1963 BelAir 409/400hp. what would be the best Edelbrock Carb. to buy new.

mmchev

I have the original style mufflers on the 409/400hp, don't really like the sound. What would be good sounding mufflers, and if you think Flowmasters which one, they make so many different kinds.

Reactions: 327

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
For the Edelbrock carb I suggest buying one with an electric choke not a manual choke carb
I have 2- 1406 & 1405 carbs 600 CFM on my 409 stroker motor -one I had to add a electric choke
I have a stock 3345 Carter AFB on my 380 HP 1962 409 convertible (same carb as a 400 HP 1963 409 motor that you have)

see this link for the various Edelbrock carbs in the performer series (with and without electric chokes)

Paul

mmchev

Why not fix/repair the original carb / .. much better looking than the aftermarket carbs .....:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Wish It had the original carburetor I would definitely do that. but it has a Edelbrock 1407 on it and it stumbles starting off. It probably cost half of what a new one would cost to rebuild it, and they might not get it right!