I have a 62 biscayne having dash color problems!

FATBLOCKVELLE

876 trim code in red.... but it there a paint you can buy to match it? I have to RE do the dash and some other stuff... but I'm a little stumped . Thanks!!!!

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
What year Chevy ?? the codes are different for each year for the interior.
The interior paint codes are different than the exterior colors.
You have to cross match the original paint codes for the interior to todays paints, not easy to do from what others have said.
most if not all paint suppliers will not have the interior paint codes. Late Great Chevy published 59-64 paint interior codes a number of years ago.

Or take your glove box(inside paint on the glove box door) to a paint company and if they are good they can mix to match the original paint on the glove box door.

I have a red code that I just used for 62 Chevy . The dash is flat or semi gloss not gloss when the dash is painted.
The dash was done that way to reduce glare on the windshields.
Paul

FATBLOCKVELLE

What year Chevy ?? the codes are different for each year for the interior.
The interior paint codes are different than the exterior colors.
You have to cross match the original paint codes for the interior to todays paints, not easy to do from what others have said.
most if not all paint suppliers will not have the interior paint codes. Late Great Chevy published 59-64 paint interior codes a number of years ago.

Or take your glove box(inside paint on the glove box door) to a paint company and if they are good they can mix to match the original paint on the glove box door.

I have a red code that I just used for 62 Chevy . The dash is flat or semi gloss not gloss when the dash is painted.
The dash was done that way to reduce glare on the windshields.
Paul
1962 BISCAYNE .

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have to find my red dash paint match. I have the paint match for red.
See these pictures of my 62 SS convertible just done about 8 months ago
Paul
DSCN0184.JPG DSCN0187.JPG