I just can't stay focused

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Run? well it was kinda poor. Doesn't look like it has been on the road since 91. Story is it is a 283 bored to 301! Casting conferms 283 but i can't see the date. don't know what the cam is. Heads are later heads with bolt bosses on ends. No ID yet.

It had VD..... (venturi drip) master cylinder was locked up. Rebuilt carbs, 600s :big. Cleaned the stainless tank. Pops and cracks out the pipes. Found the plug wires were not crimped right, bad points, Accell dual point. Still tuning. Master was a 1950 chevy unit working disc brakes. I have change/ fabing up one for an 85 dodge truck. Hope to get it on this week.

Little story. It seems this was built in 68 (on the title) about 12 south of where I got it / grew up. In about 74 the gentlman was tooling along and did not see the cable across the road.:yikes Yep. he was decapatated. It was sold in 76 to the party I got it from. He rebuilt it.

Bob I could use new steam rollers. I need a loan:scared2

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Best I could tell it has a 4 inch bore. 301 it is. 1963 block with 71 350 heads. Looking in the spark plug hole there may be domes. The pistons are defiantly cast. Has a checker board bottom. Has a vega converter in the 400, Hope to have the intake polished up this week and start putting it back together.

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That is bad ass!!! When I was a kid a few years ago my dad had one almost just like that minus the crossram, very cool!

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Please get rid of the flex fan. Those things are really really dangerous. Google it. Otherwise, nice!

Fuzz

MAGA
Yea I hate flex fans too. Would never run one, but what to I replace it with AND be period correct?

Those Edelbrock X-C8's were a nightmare to tune, would rather have an in line dual quad setup. Neat ride.
Being my first dual quad it wasn't to bad. It seemed to run ok when I pulled it. It would start and idle cold with just a couple cranks.