I know why they call it a mouse

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was taking the 283 and powerglide out of the 62 today and pulled the driver side exhaust manifold, and this fell out:

372564654.jpg

Don't know what the round things were, but the dog biscuits were special.

372564916.jpg

The muffler and exhaust were in no holes condition, so the little buggers crawled all the way up the exhaust pipe.

Frame is excellent, here's a few more pics. Boxed Canadian frame by the way.

372565362.jpg

372565359.jpg

372565366.jpg

Wonder how many mice it takes to make a Horsepower.

Don

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Don, I'm going to ask your how many mice question to one of our project engineers. They enjoy those type questions.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
mice vs horsepower

ok, I asked the question and got some funny expressions but....... They are estimating about 1,200 mice equal a horsepower. It's easy to calculate but estimating the average weight of mice becomes difficult. Then someone remembered reading an article on testing steroid mice and if they weigh a few more grams then it's about 1,000 per. Anyway to put this to terms we can relate to..... If we assume that Ronnie and Barry's car is putting out 900 horsepower then they are running the equivalent of a bit over one million mice. Now, thats a bunch of mices to try to keep under control:roll:roll I know DQ is gonna come in on this one!
robert

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
ok, I asked the question and got some funny expressions but....... They are estimating about 1,200 mice equal a horsepower. It's easy to calculate but estimating the average weight of mice becomes difficult. Then someone remembered reading an article on testing steroid mice and if they weigh a few more grams then it's about 1,000 per. Anyway to put this to terms we can relate to..... If we assume that Ronnie and Barry's car is putting out 900 horsepower then they are running the equivalent of a bit over one million mice. Now, thats a bunch of mices to try to keep under control:roll:roll I know DQ is gonna come in on this one!
robert

Your county employees hard at work solving difficult problems. The epitomy of public service.;)

:roll:roll

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Robert, You are very complimentary. I doubt if we get over 700 hp. I do think the mouse to hp figure would be different here in Texas. I would estimate 800 mice per hp here. We got some strong mouses here. :roll:roll

Step

Supporting Member 1
If you believe that an average horse can produce 1 horsepower, and that an average horse weighs 1100 lbs., and that an average mouse weighs 22.5 grams, and given that 1 lb. = 454 grams, then is stands to reason that (1100 lbs) X (454 grams) / 22.5 grams per mouse = 22,195 mice would make the weight of one horse. Hence, 22,195 mice per horsepower.

I also have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

Jeff

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You got little horses in CA?

Imagine the smell coming out from 22000 mice?

I think I should sell these biscuits on ebay, might be able to get a W from the proceeds, or maybe one of you boys would make a deal with me?

Al Gore may be interested in the concept, make dog biscuits from green stuff, feed to mice, run your car.

Maybe we get Dave to dyno it...............

Don