I loss Today

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I met Raymond about a year out of tech school.
So this is around 1978 to 1979.
Raymond was a machines and a real sharp on engine mechanic's and tune up from a daily driver cars to his Triple Sin 3 engine pulling tractor.
I have countless hours under his wing learning and combing my skills to be the person I am today.
He was around for me when my dad passed as I was for him when his son was killed in a car wreck.
Raymond was always a teacher to me as he would let me learn by my mistakes and show me the correct way without making fun of me.
He help me with my dragster when was racing it.
Raymond was the guy that turned the crank down for Toms stroker 409 engine.
I watched his children grow up as he watched mine.
This hurts bad.

RIP Raymond Lewis

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Raymond Lewis was the consumate "car guy". His home and shop had more trophies than you can imagine.

He was kind, generous with his time and one heck of a family man.

As James mentioned, Raymond did the BBC crank that resides in the stroker engine that powered my 1962SS for the past decade. And he was a mentor to all.

The World was a better place with the likes of Raymond Lewis.

wristpin

Well Known Member
James and Tom, I'm sorry for your loss. I am also sorry for the loss to Raymond's family and friends.
It's always strange how loosing someone, such as Raymond was to you guys and his family, that leaves an open spot in your life that you would have never know had been filled if not for the loss.
My Deepest Condolences

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I tried work today......was working on a clutch job on a Toyota and after I ran my forehead into the drive axle that was hanging down I thought my mind was not right and had better quit before I was hurt worst.

I am trying to remember the good times but can only feel selfish that I want him back.

This one is for Raymond and not sure how many time I will have to find the bottom of this glass for myself.
He always said that he hoped that when he got to heave that there wouldn't be any air hoes's or cords to trip over.

Here's to no more hose's and cords my friend.
20180111_150233 (2).jpg
And thank you guys for the kind words.