iaco59

iaco59

Well Known Member
MY ENGINE IS ROARING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE PRESIDENT???

HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO LET THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES.

WHAT AN EMPTY HEADED PERSON HE MUST BE....

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon
Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody
made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks.. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for
blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Please pass this on to every one including every vet and their
families whom you know.

How in the world did a person with this mindset become our
leader? I didn't vote for him!!!

REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT... "Nobody made these guys go to war.. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice?

If this *** thinks he will ever get another vote from an Active Duty,
Reserve, National Guard service member or veteran of a military service he ought to think it over. If you or a family member is or has served their country please pass this to them. Please pass this to everyone. I'm guessing that other than the 20-25 percent hardcore liberals in the US will agree that this is just another example why this is the worst president in American history.. Remind everyone over and over how this man thinks, while he bows to the Saudi Arabian king.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

Who snoops out Snopes?!

For the past few years www.snopes.com has positioned itself, or others
have labeled it as the 'tell-all, final word' on any comment, claim and
e-mail.

But for several years people tried to find out who exactly was behind
snopes.com. Only recently did Wikipedia get to the bottom of it -- kinda
makes you wonder what they were hiding. Well, finally we know. It is run
by a husband and wife team -- that's right, no big office of investigators
and researchers, no team of lawyers. It's just a mom-and-pop operation
that began as a hobby.

David and Barbara Mikkelson in the San Fernando Valley of California
started the website about 13 years ago -- and they have no formal background or
experience in investigative research. After a few years it gained
popularity believing it to be unbiased and neutral, but over the past
couple of years people started asking questions who was behind it and did they
have a selfish motivation? The reason for the questions -- or skepticisms -- is
a result of snopes.com claiming to have the bottom line facts to certain
questions or issues, when in fact, they have been proven wrong. Also,
there were criticisms the Mikkelsons were not really investigating and getting
to the 'true' bottom of various issues.

When I saw that Snopes had falsely claimed that Obama's Birth Certificate
had been properly validated, I realized something was wrong with either
their research and/or their credibility. It seems something is seriously
wrong with both.. Then a few months ago, when my State Farm agent Bud Gregg
in Mandeville hoisted a political sign referencing Barack Obama and made a
big splash across the internet, supposedly the Mikkelson's claim to have
researched this issue before posting their findings on snopes.com.. In
their statement they claimed the corporate office of State Farm pressured Gregg
into taking down the sign, when in fact nothing of the sort ever took
place.

I personally contacted David Mikkelson (and he replied back to me)
thinking he would want to get to the bottom of this, and I gave him Bud Gregg's
contact phone numbers. Bud was going to give him phone numbers to the big
exec's at State Farm in Illinois who would have been willing to speak with
him about it. He never called Bud. In fact, I learned from Bud Gregg no
one from snopes.com ever contacted anyone with State Farm. Yet snopes.com
issued a statement as the 'final factual word' on the issue as if they did all
their homework and got to the bottom of things. Not!

Then it has been learned the Mikkelson's are very Democrat and extremely
liberal. As we all now know from this presidential election, liberals have
a purpose agenda to discredit anything that appears to be conservative.
There has been much criticism lately over the internet with people pointing out
the Mikkelson's liberalism revealing itself in their website findings.
Gee, what a shock! They were also big supporters of both Clintons and used
Snopes to "debunk" any criticism of the Clintons without checking the validity of
the item.

So, I say this now to everyone who goes to www.snopes.com to get what they
think to be the bottom line facts: Proceed with caution. Take what it says
at face value and nothing more, and understand their liberal agenda. Use
it only to lead you to their references where you can link to and read the sources for yourself. Plus, you can always google a subject and do the research yourself. It now seems apparent that's all the Mikkelson's do. After all, I can personally vouch from my
own experience for their 'not' fully looking into things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snopes.com

iaco59

Well Known Member
Politics, Regligon, Race, Always has two sides, but one thing is certainaly agreed upon---He did consider the 540 million saving from vet's health-- Really stupid.. Did he consider the 2 billion he spent to to crush our beautiful old cars ,and I could go on and on but Ive cooled off a little.

Russ348

Well Known Member
So when has this site become a political forum.:doh Put this
bull**** on another site. What has this got to do with cars?

iaco59

Well Known Member
Russ348
You are right, my apoligy, Correction to my last post . Car owners,Politics,Race,Relgion ,Vet's , Non vet's, Have different opinion's. Apparently You've never served or give a **** about those who have. I bet you still have both arms and legs

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

I thought it was interesting...:eyebrow
Don't see anything wrong with a vent or 2. I guess it could of been in the general section.:?

I guess I shouldn't have brought up my wife's cancer here either.:pray Sometimes you just need to talk amongst friends.:D

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

Oppps ,, here I go again !!!!
Russ is right !!!!

As far as letting us know about your wives, brothers and friends ,,, that is great !!

When it comes to politics and such its like as* holes,,,
we all have one, but what we eat determines what comes out the hole,,,,:coffee:

BTW, hope your wife is doing well Thomas,,, my thoughts are with the both of you,,,

iaco59

Well Known Member
OK---this has gone far enough---Before I leave this site I want to sincerley Thank all the friends Ive made here , for all the time and help they gave me to get my 59 running,and it is running real strong. In fact I"m amazed that for a 2 SP powergulide It will leave a nice little patch of rubber when the pedal is down. I'm so greatful and thankful for your help.

I also feel that I need to Leave an explanation about the steam under my collar. I wanted to share with my friends and vet's that little bit of info' WHY---I served in vietnam ,1966,67,68 I came home proud, VERY PROUD ---and Disabled. Private health insurance is almost impossible and very ,very expensive. I realy don't need some one calling this " bull ****"

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
See,,, This is the reason we should not get into the political arena here !!!
(I try very hard anymore not to be drawn into it)
We are a CAR site and our respected views on cars are our magnet to becoming friends no matter what our political views are !!!

I would say that all of us here are proud of all who served our country no matter how we view our leaders, what party you belong to and the political BS that comes out of Washington.

Now, lets put this crap to rest and get on with car talk !!

iaco59,,, please stick around,,,, no need to get all hot and bothered over this as you have served us well and now it's time to enjoy this hobbie and your friends here !!:clap

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We are a CAR site and our respected views on cars are our magnet to becoming friends no matter what our political views are !!!

I would say that all of us here are proud of all who served our country no matter how we view our leaders, what party you belong to and the political BS that comes out of Washington.

iaco59,,, please stick around,,,, no need to get all hot and bothered over this as you have served us well and now it's time to enjoy this hobbie and your friends here !!:clap

Yeah.....For once I agree with dq.....:clap:clap:clap Stick around jaco59. Don't get your feathers all in a ruffle. Your not going to find any other sites more friendly than here...:deal

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
iaco59, We have the best crew on the internet. You belong here,, don't give up so easily. We have a diverse membership, so not everyone will agree with everyone on every subject. Look at it this way,, your political views are probably in the majority of this site. We have had political discussions in the past and sometimes it had gotten out of hand. Much safer to talk cars with an occasional reference to certain vices. Everyone here likes to have fun and a good laugh. Hang around, you will be glad you did. And for what its worth,, we have many vets on this site and they get the respect they have earned and deserve here.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9

iaco59, We have the best crew on the internet. You belong here,, don't give up so easily. We have a diverse membership, so not everyone will agree with everyone on every subject. Look at it this way,, your political views are probably in the majority of this site. We have had political discussions in the past and sometimes it had gotten out of hand. Much safer to talk cars with an occasional reference to certain vices. Everyone here likes to have fun and a good laugh. Hang around, you will be glad you did. And for what its worth,, we have many vets on this site and they get the respect they have earned and deserve here.

DQ, Dan and Ronnie said it all. No need to leave.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Iaco59 please stick around,:pray this sight has all you could ever want in the car world. Don't let this get under your skin. We are all proud of our vets here on this sight. I got chastized a while back because I thought Linda Vaughn's legs went clear down to the ground and her boobs went right up to her armpits. :eek: That didn't make me a bad person. Hang with us please.:crazy:cool::cheers:cheers

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'd like to echo some of the others...iaco, please stick around. Many of us are Vietnam (and other) vets and share many of your opinions. We all also have personal "stuff" come up from time to time that is related to age, health, family etc. We are all concerned with the future and what it brings, and we are somewhat cautious about change.

This group seems to be open-minded enough to allow a certain amount of this communication without getting seriously sidetracked. I guess that's one way of being mutually supportive. I'd feel pretty comfortable with this group if I had to have a place to unload.

We all want to honor and respect the contributions of all of our vets and if you weren't given the respect you are entitled to, I hope it was just a miscommunication, so ride it out, pick your batles and have a good time.