I'll be that bad guy,,,

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It seems lately that there is more political stuff being infused in member profiles.
I think it distracts from the car stuff here.
I bet I open a can of stinky worms, but I believe this is not the right place to advertise those beliefs.

I like the fact that this is a CAR site and we should stick to car stuff.

I deleted and changed my profile back to car related headings for that reason a while back. I hope others will do the same.

Just my thoughts,,, dq

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Quote:
"I bet I open a can of stinky worms, but I believe this is not the right place to advertise those beliefs."

Never stopped you when the conservatives were in power Jim! :eek:

:roll:roll:roll

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Quote:
"I bet I open a can of stinky worms, but I believe this is not the right place to advertise those beliefs."

Never stopped you when the conservatives were in power Jim! :eek:

:roll:roll:roll

No,,, back then it was in response to posts and other issues.
I was not leading the charge. And I have backed off because I don't think it is good to do that here.
But ,, my point now is that there seems to be a lot of political messages in the Avatars, signatures and other areas that were not here before.
Yes,, you have the right to your politcal beliefs, i just think it would better if we used this site as a car site.
We all know what happens when we implant our political views in any post here. It just adds to that when we inject it into our avatars and signatures,,
Thats all I'm saying.
There are other forums that we/you/I can join to push our personal politcal beliefs.
I belong to quite a few other forums, bikes and cars and you don't see the politcal stuff there that is becoming a common sight here.
I just think it distracts what this forum is and should be,,, thats all,,

Peace, dq

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
OK !!! I will start it off. "SHE'S REAL FINE MY 409" SHE'S REAL FINE MY 409"

MY 4====0====9. HOW'S THAT ??

:crazy:cheers

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:D No problem here dq.It seems to me that most of us are on the same page anyway.As a relative newbie here my goal is to learn as much as I can,and help whenever possible,in what ever way possible.I'll keep quiet politically:prayalthough sometimes it's HARD.And no you arent a bad guy as far as I've seen so far:roll:cheers

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Topics

I agree with Don, at least I think so.

I have a lot of opinions, but I try to be moderate about using this site as a forum to express them. Occasionally, it can't be helped.

However, out of respect for the other members, I think it is fine to allow them to vent or express their views. Who knows what has gone on in their lives recently, or how recent events have impacted them? I guess I would rather hear their story and try to understand their viewpoint than not hear it at all. At the very least, I can feel grateful that I have been spared a lot of the grief that has befallen others.

So I say keep your avatars and your honest opinions, it helps me form a mental image until we can actually meet somewhere or talk on the phone. I have not met anyone form this site yet that I wouldn't consider a friend. I have friends with all kinds of political views, and some of them are on this site. Not a problem.

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
No,,, back then it was in response to posts and other issues.
I was not leading the charge. And I have backed off because I don't think it is good to do that here.
But ,, my point now is that there seems to be a lot of political messages in the Avatars, signatures and other areas that were not here before.
Yes,, you have the right to your politcal beliefs, i just think it would better if we used this site as a car site.
We all know what happens when we implant our political views in any post here. It just adds to that when we inject it into our avatars and signatures,,
Thats all I'm saying.
There are other forums that we/you/I can join to push our personal politcal beliefs.
I belong to quite a few other forums, bikes and cars and you don't see the politcal stuff there that is becoming a common sight here.
I just think it distracts what this forum is and should be,,, thats all,,

Peace, dq

There, I deleted my Avatar and deleted my signature line.

Happy? Or is there anything else I can delete, such as my account?

Or can I simply lurk now?

It's been fun.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
There, I deleted my Avatar and deleted my signature line.

Happy? Or is there anything else I can delete, such as my account?

Or can I simply lurk now?

It's been fun.

Awh,, come on,, You know thats not my objective,,:doh
I just thought it was getting a little too political,,
If you don't agree with me on this,, then don't,,
That simple,, I was just voicing my opinion, just as you have.
No hard feeling towards anyone,,

Can-O'- Worms,,,,