I'm Happy - found my dual point distributor & other stuff.

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Feeling better after more than two weeks with the flu or cold or both so I continued rummaging in the barn and building shelves for stuff that hasn't seen the light of day for more than 20 years. Been looking for my dual point distributor for quite some time and was beginning to think I got rid of it but I rarely let go of anything. I ran the stock dual point in my 1962 Impala for a couple of years and then removed it 1964 and installed a vacuum advance distributor. Also found the 409 emblems that I saved before letting go of the car in 1965. Found a receipt for an engine I bought way back when and a pencil from Alton Dragstrip, Alton Illinois. Now I can reinstall the dual point back in the original 409/409 that it came out of.

IMG_6915.JPG

IMG_6917.JPG

IMG_6918.JPG

IMG_6916.JPG

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Clyde, what motor did you put in the 62 when you traded it in????D I'd the dealer say anything about not having a 409 engine in it or did he even notice that???Have you ever wondered where that car might be. You have the vin, to maybe trace it.

Last edited:

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Sheeeeee - don't tell. This wouldn't be something one could do these days but back in 1965 people didn't pay much attention to cars/engines. I wanted to buy a new 1965 Mustang Fastback and drove the then 348 powerglide 62 to the Ford dealer and they gladly took the car in on trade. I still have the Mustang in the back barn.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Clyde:

That looks to be a "classic" newspaper there!

Glad to learn you found the parts after all these years. I had the same thing happen to me the other day, found some suspension parts I forgot I even had :).

Cheers!
TomK