I'm having a fatride moment

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
It's 6:15 a.m. and nobody's here. Everyone can't be at Indy and 75-80
robert
hope everyone had a good fourth. I have to go to a tragic viewing today that's a real long story of one of our Department heads.
Phil, You need another cake??

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Not far behind you Robert. I'm sitting here eating breakfast and scanning my favorite place in the internet.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
morning gents..............

funny you should mention 75-80. friday night i ran my 409 car down the track, street trim and 3.08 gears so i took it easy and went 15.50 @90 mph. it was fun but i could barely hear what i was doing :roll
i got back from there a few hours ago. still testing a few things on the white car, but it went 10.13 outta the box followed by an .11 an .08 an .03 then we dropped 50 pounds by yanking the second battery 9.97 @ 132.66 with a 1.36 60' and an .012 light.......went 6.30 in the 1/8th
all the ribbing i took the night before about the 409 quickly was forgotten when there jaws dropped. looks like i better slow the white car down just a tad. (or get a license :roll............not yet.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well looks like all of us Maryland and Ex-Marylanders are the only ones getting up early the day after the Birthday of the country. Just wondering how we all will feel next year this same time.Wonder if we will still have the good ole' USA as we know it or will it be some kind of socialized ,extremely big goverment country.Anyway,I'm glad everyone is safe and made it thru the 4th. ***NOTE*** As everyone knows Pontiac is going forever.One of my dealerships I work at,was telling me Friday that they are expecting their very last shipment of Pontiacs from the factory.Their expecting 3 of the G-8's and 4 Vibes(Toyota).That will close out Pontiac for them for recieving shipments directly from the factory.All other new car Pontiacs will either be bought from closing dealerships or bought as trade offs between the dealerships.Its a sad day in America when a Proud name plate like Pontiac has disapeared. On the other hand I read in Hemmings that GM will be importing the Pontiac G-8 from Australia rebadged as a Chevrolet.They are importing about 40,000 cars for Police,Goverment,FBI, and CIA cars.These will be the V/8 versions of the cars.Maybe GM will make these very neat cars avialiable to the public as a Caprice.Robert,didn't mean to Hi-Jack your thread.Bob,congradulations on the 9 second run.Dick I got your message,was really tied up yesterday will call back today or tomorrow. GOD BLESS THE USA !!!!! John

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Robert,
Why are you up at 6:15 AM ? I got up this morning at the crack of 10!!! We had a 4th party here at our place last night, we are close to the fairgrounds so we watched the fire works from our deck then stayed up watching the Daytona race.
Raining here today, guess I'll get my mess ready to go north to York later this week. Maybe I'll see some of you.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Sunday morning after

Went to church early, came home and did a bit of housework (vacuuming carpets, doing the hardwood floors, kitchen cleaning, etc.) as we are having guests over soon. Right now I'm taking a break watching Barrett-Jackson (Palm Beach, FL) :).

Hopefully later after the guest depart, I'll get to play on the '62 BA a bit, starting some body prep for paint, etc.

Hope everyone had a great 4th, we sure did!

TomK

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Getting Up Early

Tom: Yeah during the summer I am up early. Seems as though my only neighbor raises free range chickens(pretty colors) and at the first hint of pink sky dawn they start "cockle- doodle-doo" That wakes my Golden Retriever up at 4:45 or so and he wants to go out. So I just get up and walk him to the river anyway because it is light out. I do get to sleep in during the winter though:):)
See everyone at York.
Robert