I'm running a six pack this Summer

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Those float bowls could end the need for heat insulating spacers underneath the carbs.giving one more clearance for the air cleaners.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
It sits on a 1" plastic spacers and I got the thermo plastic body to avoid all of that.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
$200 each!? Holy crap! If these things work well these could be the hot ticket for our engines. Thermoplastic body, good price, seems like a good setup!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I guess the old AFB's, did have a few decent features, for Holley, to copy it.:dunno:clap I like those Demons. If I had seen them first, I may not, have purchased the 2 Edelbrock.s :dunno2

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
My engine guy used a set of those Demons on a 625 hp stroker and he said they worked great.
The jetting was perfect right out of the box and the throttle response was really good.

Lamar Walden tested a set when they first came out. They made more power than similar Edelbrocks.
I'm not sure if the Edelbrock carbs they tested were tuned or not so your results may vary but it could well be that these carbs are better suited to these W motors.
click on the magazine cover to view the article...
http://www.demoncarbs.com/News/HOW_...ET_DEMONS_ON_LAMAR_WALDEN_S_NEW_CHEVY_409.asp

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Out of the box on the chassis dyno, mine was improved enough to justify the purchase. Not just the peak power but pretty flat lines all the way up. Just happened to catch the Holley sale on Ebay. Sniffer up the tailpipes says they are good to go. I run an Offenhauser 360 2x4, maybe that helps with distribution, maybe not. May buy an Edelbrock 2x4 just for testing again next winter.