Indoor car cover

64SS327

Does anyone know of a vendor that has affordable car cover that has either reliefs or pockets for duel antennas on a '64? Had no luck searching forum and a few websites....

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Almost no one will have the dual antenna cover. They will however supply you with grommets to make your own. Try California car covers.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I couldn't find a cover either for my '64 with dual antenna's that already had the slits. So, I bought one and carefully made the incisions. I undid the antenna and pushed it through to the trunk. Put the cover on and you'll feel the whole. I made a small X and pushed the antenna mass through the hole just to make sure. Once satisfied, I made the hole bigger and round to accommodate the antenna mass nut. Nice fit. Just go slow. Cut a little at a time.

As for car covers, I have 5 California Car Covers. Great quality. Great fit. Went to buy another for my '64 SS and couldn't believe the price. $275.00 for the Noah. This forced me to look elsewhere. There are plenty of car covers on line. Narrowed my search to 2 then to 1. I then bought the cover from them for about$120.00 less. Its been 2 years. Held up great. No problems. I would buy again from them. Sorry, I don't recall the name. Just remember this when buying a car cover: compare apples to apples. If you want a Noah from Cal Car Cover, look at their specs that they advertise. If you find another on line, compare the specs of both; layers of fabric, fabric composition, lined or not, water repellent, warranty, or anything else that might be important to you. Cal Car Cover make a great cover, but unfortunately for them and myself, they priced themselves out of the market, Carmine.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I got one online at advanced auto parts. For an indoor cover it's a pretty good deal I think it was $79. But the guys are right nothing for rear antennas.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Just received a Christmas issue of Ecklers magazine. Saw a nice cover on the back page for $159.00. I would look at it further and probably buy it if I needed one, Carmine.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
$159 for an indoor car cover, thats nuts if you ask me. I think I paid $35 for the one I have, fits great, nice and soft material. Does the job for a car that just sits around indoors during the winter months. What more do you need?

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
$159 for an indoor car cover, thats nuts if you ask me. I think I paid $35 for the one I have, fits great, nice and soft material. Does the job for a car that just sits around indoors during the winter months. What more do you need?

Yes, you are correct. There are some nice ones that are cheaper. The reason I mention the above, is because I compared it to the "Noah" offered by Cal Car Cover. I'm fond of the Noah because it can also be used outdoors. On occasion, I would have to leave one of my cars outside for a period of time and I wanted adequate protection from the elements. This cover offered that in addition to being a great inside cover. So, you have to buy what you need and makes you happy, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Appears to be a good cover for the money, but doesn't fit our Impala's.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Actually it will, just have to take off the antenna(s) or cut the cover. The site will tell you its not an exact fit but it does fit cars up to 19'6" long. I ordered one for the 67 and tried it on my 63 and it worked fine.

Stormed_Norm

Well Known Member
$83.00 for a cover to use in a garage? Heck, go to a garage sale and buy some sheets to cover it, for outside use I have bought a couple at the Pomona swap meet for $25.00 brand new in the box,

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You gonna sew them together? If you got a good wax job on the car they tend to slide off... Been there done that, back in the too poor to pay attention days!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
$83.00 for a cover to use in a garage? Heck, go to a garage sale and buy some sheets to cover it, for outside use I have bought a couple at the Pomona swap meet for $25.00 brand new in the box,
Sheets won't keep dust out.
I have had good luck finding covers on craigslist beleave it or not. Brand new California Car covers 35.00 each. The guy had a adress at Boing Field turned out to be a hanger for the Nordstrom family collecton...:deal

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Pep Boys have a good cover (had my 59 covered with one at Great Bend) they are in the $50.00 range depending on what size, but on Tuesdays they have a senior 20% discount:D

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s