Intake Manifold Question ???

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
All,

Some time back I remember see on EvelBay an Offenhauser dual quad manifold made for the lower HP 409 heads. Does anyone know of such a manifold was ever made and if so is it still available. I checked some of the performance websites today and the only one I could find was a single plane dual four for the 348. Would that have the same bolt pattern as the 817s have ??

It's really hard to know how little I know about these motors.... All I really know is if they are running right, they are a HOOT to drive.... :roll

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Nuts,
Jim is pointing you in the right direction. Yes, they will bolt to your 817's. Those heads have the same intake bolt pattern as any 348 head. One thing you might want to know is that the carbs sit further appart from each other than on the original dual-quad intakes. This could throw a wrench in the plan for using an original dual quad air cleaner. I think show cars sells a fuel line kit for this intake set up. Not sure about throttle linkage. Also, the oil tube points straight up, in stead of at an angle, like the originals.
Ross

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks

Jim and Ross,

Thanks for the information. I was looking for an alternative to the stock manifold and having the holes plugged. I did not plan to go with a stock air cleaner and have a chrome air cleaner that fits the stock setup, but would not work if the carbs are further apart.

Guess I'll just stick with that as long as I don't have any problems with the seal between the heads and the manifold...