Interesting photos.................

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Carl,
Are these 2" Stahl ?
Yes Brian, still a nice piece but the new version is 1 7/8" stepped to 2" with 3 1/2" collector. Their is no bolted flange for cylinders 7 and 8 either, they slip into the collector. If you look closely you can see the step. My old beat up Hookers are a great header and worked very well, just worn out, they are 1 7/8" with 3" collector.

Has anyone done a street exhaust with the Stahls?

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yes Brian, still a nice piece but the new version is 1 7/8" stepped to 2" with 3 1/2" collector. Their is no bolted flange for cylinders 7 and 8 either, they slip into the collector. If you look closely you can see the step. My old beat up Hookers are a great header and worked very well, just worn out, they are 1 7/8" with 3" collector.

Has anyone done a street exhaust with the Stahls?

Yup. But I don't have any great pics. As mentioned in another thread, I replaced the Stahl collectors with Edelbrock merge collectors. The exhaust is 3" stainless under the frame, back into Spintechs and out in front of the rear wheels. I usually add some augers for street driving.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I know they lay over to the angle of the head in the car but thought it was pretty cool to see two different 409 header designs along side each other. Hookers are outside the X rails and the Stahls are inside the rails. The Wilson headers are a different take on it 2 x headers 2.jpg2 x headers 3.jpg2 x headers 4.jpgalso, food for thought.2 x headers.jpg:clap

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Due to an unanticipated hold up with the 540 build, not CM's fault, I am freshening up my 476 so I can go racing for the remainder of the season. Just need to get the engine back together and sort out a quick street/strip exhaust before end of next week.:doh. I'll run the Wilson headers with the 540 as they are a true 2" primary tube from the head flange to collector.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pistons Dave, waiting on pistons:doh. Hopefully Carl will have them in hand any time now. After that things will happen very quickly as I understand. Mine is not the only build on hold either.

In the short term I'm going racing again, It's been a while.:D