introduce yourself

36master

well hpoe this works,here i am with one of my toys,56 belair,2 dr.302 with 4 sp,12 bolt.hi all 36master.:cheers

Attachments

• 56 chevy.jpg
    56 chevy.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 529

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Great looking car, and another somewhat old guy. Makes me feel better.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and exhuberance!!!!!!!! I hope

Fred:p

36master

hey fred, thanks for the complent,us older guys has to have our toys.when all the kids are grown and gone,we can play again.my wife says i will never grow up.i tell her i aint going to get old.ha ha sorry for putting post in wrong slot bobby:cool:

36master

hey tm racing62, not much to tell about the old car,i do know the last 4 owners,now thats another story.lets say i went right to cort house and applied for title in my name.i have had the car since 97,got 69 302dz motor,headers with flow masters,4 sp,also 12 bolt rear.all camaro running gear.got car in body shop now,getting color change.if the guy ever gets thru with it. thanks,bobby great site.:D

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ya gotta love 56s!

Here's our daily driver. NUT

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 431

tmracing62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
These five sixes are nice rides. I mean really. Pure class.

Bobby - so what colors are you having it painted now?

Seon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thought I'd throw my intro in. I've been retired about three years now and have been busier than when I was working.
With the honey-do's and wrenching on all my classic Chevies, I don't have time to go fishing.
Here's a pic of my parts runner. '58 Yeoman with a 283 (135K orig miles), 3 speed overdrive. I'm the third owner.
32643739.jpg

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Great looking car, and another somewhat old guy. Makes me feel better.

OLD? Looks like he can still hold a 24 0z camo high ball !!! Heeee heeee

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks for the compliments!

Nice 58! I like all old Chevies. My wife didn't want a mini van (are you listening Tom?) :) so we set out to find a Classic Chevy. I picked out the 56 BelAir beauville as my favorite wagon of them all and my wife liked that they had a third seat, so I set out to find the right car. I ran a wanted ad in CCW for any and all 9 passenger wagons. This turned up about 6 total and the one I bought. It had 57,000 original miles The original owners had drivin and maintained it (as well as kept it in a garage) until the second owner bought it in 1997. He wasn't really into wagons so when I came along he parted with it. I flew out to Baltimore, MA and drove it 1700 miles home on the 70s bias ply tires. When pulling off the free way, I used the brakes a little hard and they completely went out :eek: It was about midnight in the middle of nowhere so I found a security light and checked the fliud. It was still full so I limped it to the next truck stop to spend the night and planned to find another mastercylinder the next morning but when I backed out to leave in the morning they worked again! and worked flawlessly the rest of the trip.
O.K. I'm rambling :D Anyway, I redid the whole car and put a 350/700r4 in it with a Nova rearend. I adapted front and rear sway bars, A/C, power disk brakes, cruise control, 10 disc CD player, key less entry including power tail gate opener, 9 seat belts including 6 shoulder belts, and much more! WOW! nowonder this was such a stressful project. My wife loves it and I'm starting to forget all the problems I've had along the way. We,ve had it to the west coast and have put about 17,000 miles on it. Now, if I could just work on my 348/55 :rolleyes:
Did I mention I have 4 kids 6 years and under and I just started adding onto my house?:D

Seon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for the compliments!

Originally posted by 348NUT
...Now, if I could just work on my 348/55 :rolleyes:
Did I mention I have 4 kids 6 years and under and I just started adding onto my house?:D

If you forget about sleeping and going to work....you'll have plenty of time to finish the '55 :D

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
Well NUT, I have to admit, that sure is a nice station wagon !!!
My wife has been bugging me in similar fashion. She is TOTALLY against mini-vans and we currently have a '94 Buick Roadmaster Wagon. Essentially, its a Caprice with Buick badges and better trim. Lately, she's been nudging me to do up another classic (for her) when I get our '65 all done. Our '65 is an original Artesian Turquois car with an Ivory interior. Some of its options include PS,PB, PG Automatic Transmission, 3.42:1 12-bolt POSI rear, heavy duty sway bars front and rear. factory AC, a 986101 AM/FM Radio and Right side door mirror . I wouldnt venture to guess how many '65 409-SS Impalas came equipped this way. Although if ANYONE KNOWS how many of the 2828 Big Cars equipped with 409 that year were Super Sport to begin with, please let me know.

I think that one day we will opt for a '57 Buick Caballero... WAY COOL and a 4 dr hardtop body to boot. Its not quite as nice as my '57 Cadillac is, but then what '57 is???

Here is my 65 409 SS Impala project. NOW, I know what you're thinking... If Rockfish (a bass indigenous to the Chesapeake Bay) lives near George Washington's home town, then how can there be palm trees in the photo??

ANSWER: The photo was taken in Boca Raton, FLORIDA !!!

:D

BTW: The first President's hometown is not Alexandria, VA...
He was born and raised in Fredericksburg.

Attachments

• ss right2.jpg
    ss right2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 320

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Very nice car rockfish! and Seon, I've cut back as much on sleep and work as much as I dare! And if I wasn't at work I wouldn't have my computer. :D NUT

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Rock,,, I had that same car and color in high school except it was a SBC,
One of my all time favorites !!!!,,,,dq