Introduction

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi, My name is Dan. I live in Washington State and recently purchased a 61' Impala 348 3X2's fourspeed car. I have never owned a W head before and am having fun with the casting #'s and decoding. I also have a 63' chev swb custom cab with a 502, 67' corvett tripower, 4L60 trans and, 430 posi. I have been into the chevy trucks for the last 10 years. Before that it was 54' studabakers, with GM drive trains, and, before that 62', 63', and 66' chevy twos. I think there were a few 55's and a 67' HO 326 threespeed firebird with the fold down back seat as well. Anyway as you can see I am a big GM fan and save my favoret coffee cup for my ford buddies which reads "Life is to short to be driveing Fords...:clap. Anyway I think that about says it. I am going to be asking lots of ?'s about date codes and correct parts for my 61'. Thanks Dan

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome aboard!

Welcome, Dan, and I see you have good taste in GM products :).

I hope you are able to decipher the various codes on your new purchase. Should be lots of help here in doing so. Love those 61s!

Best,
TomK

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Another 61 is always welcome...Keep us up to date on your progress. If you need any pictures or comparison help always ask.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome Dan, This is a great place with a great bunch of people with a wealth of knowledge. Glad you found your way here.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that said hello. I have been reading some of the remarks about the famed W and found that it is so true when you lift the hood and everyone sees the W they all congragate around it. Its soo cool....:cool:

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
Dan,

I am so sorry that you taken in by someone that your '61 is a desirable car. I will be glad to save you further embarrassment by taking it off of your hands:roll :roll :roll

Just kidding, you do have a very desirable car and what a find. Lots folks here that are willing to help, and there is lots of information on the rest of the site. On the main page go through the different pull down menus at the top and you will find just about everything this group knows about casting numbers and date codes. If you don't find what you are looking for just ask.

Welcome to the asylum.:hug

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
John, Thanks for the welcom. And yes I have had a lot of help here :hug figuring out the date codes its been a lot of fun. I see your into the trucks. The 55 second series sounds cool with the W motor. I had a 56 cameo and sold it to my neigbor a few years ago. He kept pestoring me until I gave in. This site is great lots of information and great people. Dan

Rolf

Welcome

Welcome from another Washingtonian.

I look forward to see your car at some car show down the road.

I have a 58 Impala that is planned to receive a 348 transplant this winter.

Cheers,

Rolf