Iowa 348/409 Drag Race July 23,24, & 25 at Onawa Dragway $ 4000 payout now….to the racers

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The weather is going to be hot. Looks like we will not have any rain for the most part but there will be scattered showers passing north of us in lower Minn. There is a slight chance that some light rain may pass quickly Saturday morning early but nothing at this point to think twice about. Can't wait to see everyone!

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
After time trials on Saturday the track will award winner and runner trophy's “ if we want to have eliminations” on Saturday addition to our Sundays eliminations.

The winner and runner up for Sunday will also get track trophy’s in addition to our cash awards for Sunday eliminations.
I think Randy has pictures of the trophy’s or I can post them from the track manager.

Local weather is showing possible 20% rain on Saturday and some clouds on Saturday and Sunday.
Paul

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
We will also have food we will provide for all of our 348/409 racers and attendees with the 348/409 racers around 5 pm Saturday in the air conditioned large track building next to the start line. Lots of tables in the building.

The track will have for the A/FX racers and the Gasser group and our 348/409 group( we will cover the cost of our attendees)

the menu is:
  • pulled pork sandwiches
  • baked beans
  • potato salad
  • chips
  • cookie
  • lemonade
the track concession stand selling other drinks will be open

Paul

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
For anyone that doesn't know the area well. The first NORTHERN entrance to the drag way is for racers only. HOWEVER! Those who are bringing 348-409 cars and are not going to race (on a trailer or not) must come through the NORTHERN racers entrance! We will have your cars setting with ours. You go to the southern entrance and you will be left out with the general public parking on the south side. Red dot marks the spot right on 10th St./CR-K-45
219417415_2588114278151283_4180144254555267079_n.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
For anyone that doesn't know the area well. The first NORTHERN entrance to the drag way is for racers only. HOWEVER! Those who are bringing 348-409 cars and are not going to race (on a trailer or not) must come through the NORTHERN racers entrance! We will have your cars setting with ours. You go to the southern entrance and you will be left out with the general public parking on the south side. Red dot marks the spot right on 10th St./CR-K-45
View attachment 96541
Also anyone coming with parts and don't want to walk a mile with them in hand. I have two people that I know will park near us because they are bringing heads and center sections.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Strap a valve cover to your head and ware it like a hat, I'll allow it, just get here! But you have to make race engine noises all the way down the track. Gasping for air doesn't count. I'm thinking I would come in at about 70-75 seconds. Its been a few years since I sprinted. LOL! (:tantrum this is me red in the face running 1/8th mile.) Valve cover hat might slow me down. too!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Things aren't looking good for James and I with regard to attending the Iowa gathering :(.

We won't be bringing the BA409 car and while I have been to get one of my "drivers" together for the trek, that ain't coming together either!

Been struggling with the braking system on the '62SS car, and haven't put zero miles on the freshly build 1962 QB block (not original to the car).

62SS brakes1.jpg

Also been putzing (thrashing would be the wrong term) on the 1962 Biscayne but still have a long ways to go:

1962 Biscayne front clip.jpg

I guess you would say a day late and a dollar short?

Cheers! TomK