Is me or is this weird

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Looks like a 4 Dr ht starting point with two door hardtop original front doors and the door jam moved back and the back door area filled in. Same thing was done to 55,56,57, four door sedan Chevy to a two door sedan. Two door sedan doors front used on those. There are videos of this done on 55.

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Rather than that, which is fugly in my opinion I would have done same conversion on the doors and opening ,but I would have removed that roof and fitted a two door hardtop roof that could be unbolted and removed to appear as a convertible.That has never be done that I know of.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Maybe a little weird but you got to admit the guy did a good job, If you weren’t used to looking at them and knowing what all the models looked like you might be going up to the owner at a car show and ask what model is that? There’s a guy around me that did it to a 57 4 door but instead of using a 2 door door he used the front half of the front door and the rear half of the rear door, grafted them together, then he shortened the whole car buy removing the B pillar/door jab then brought the C pillar/door jab forward to match the door. In this way neither the hinges or the door latches had to be modified. It is one of the best modifications of that type that I’ve seen