Isky 262?????

29Coupe348

Well Known Member
Hello all, what do you guys think of the Isky 262 cam????...this is what the shop put in my 348...Its basically a stock motor, with headers, 3x2's, 2400 stall in a th350, 3:70's in a 9"...What should i expect from this cam???(lopey or smooth idle, powerwise...etc...)...Thanks, Mike

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Coupe, I dont have experience with this particular grind, but after looking at the specs. , it would appear to be a great choice for your engine. But , I cant comment on the idle quality. I would think it would be smooth with maybe a little chop. Good luck

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I don't have any experience with that cam but I looked it up. Here's a link to the cam specs, I think??? http://www.iskycams.com/onlinecatalog.html Search for #201262. It's only got 208 deg. @.050 so it's not a big cam, but you don't really want a big cam with a stock engine. The listing is for a small block so the lift with the 348's 1.75 rockers would be .508 The cool part about this cam is the 108deg. lobe separation angle. That's going to give it a real nice muscle car idle without any loss of botom end torque. In fact you should have a ton of mid range torque. You won't have to rev it up to get into the power band. A cam with more duration would give you more top end and a wider lobe seperation angle would give you a smoother idle but if you want a cam that'll make a basicly stock engine pull hard from about 1,500 to 5,200 this one should do it.:deal