It begins

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
assembly is almost done on the new engine. Brakes will be finished tonight and now the rest.

My new air sucker, Predator carb setup, needs some extra room out the hood so I am trying to in vision, not enough beer yet, if a 4" cowl would look cool on the 60.

Vote:
Other ideas?

Opions?

Willing to send me beer to help? lol

I always love your ideas so send em over.

Later

M:-)

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
You can never go wrong with a 4" cowl. Always look good. and most of all they are clean and smooth, Flow with the roof lines very well. I went with a 1970 buick stage 2 scoop on mine. It is some what period correct looking. I like the look of it.

4" cowl, I say YES.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
WOW!! That does look sharp! Well now to find a good 4" scoop and an extra hood so I can have a regular one a scooped one.

Brakes are on a ready to bleed, steering joint in route, header wrap on it's way and assembling the rat Tuesday nite for the weekend. Dam I need a vacation.

almost two years of blood sweat and tears with 3 more months to go and it's drive time!

Just to have some fun I am running a Predator on a twisted Torker....

IneedAnotherBeer

Well Known Member
Opions?

Willing to send me beer to help? lol

I always love your ideas so send em over.

Later

Someone say beer?

Not sure I like cowl scoops on early impala's. Heres an early GTO hood scoop.
J.C. Whitney probably sells something like this, not the whole hood of course, just in case you've had too many beers.
hood.jpg

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
This is the buick stage 2 scoop. I like the look of it alot. And you dont see alot of them.

Attachments

• buickscoop.jpg
    buickscoop.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 37

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I just finished putting a steel ( Goodmark) cowl on my 60. will post a pic when I get a chance. I'm not completely sold I did the right thing but it is growing on me. I think it will look better when I shoot some color onit. sticks out now like the preverbial turd in the punchbowl. I believe this scoop was described as a 2 inch in catalog but it is 4

Tim

t_=88617978

t_=88617978

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
With color it would look good! The primer makes it stick out to much. Do you have a side :-) please... Dimensions?

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Second pic of cowl hoodm, sorry didn't upload properly first go round,

AAprox 23x42x5

Attachments

• 60 Impala Cowl.JPG
    60 Impala Cowl.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 65

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
NOW THAT LOOKS BITCHEN! That's still a word right? Maybe some black satin to contrast the car color?
I likes it!!

Thanks!!!

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tic,
If you do go cutting a hood make sure to use something to keep the stiffness. I went with some round bar...looks really nice and is definitly solid pic doesn't do it justice, but I still need to do some clean up and paint.

Attachments

• under side.jpg
    under side.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 51
  • cowl 2.jpg
    cowl 2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 47