It had to be done.

bobs409

Administrator
Just wanted to steal Jeff's thread. :jacked Just got back from a nice cruise. Used up all the gas I had but could have just kept going! It does turn heads. Got a few "Nice car" comments yelled out. :laugh3

Can't wait to see the 63 out in the sun light. Got lots to do yet, progress stopped on that one. :bang

DSCN6050.jpg DSCN6053.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
Thanks guys. :drinking

Nice car Bob, how do you decide what to drive?

It can be tough sometimes. :laugh4

Nice car, did you restore that also???

Yep. That car started out as a $500 dollar car I found sitting in someone's back yard. Had 56K original miles but had seen better days due to age. Was originally brown metallic with a tan vinyl top and interior, cloth bench seat, AT on column with a 307. I drove it for a long time with that equipment but the 307 got tired and started burning oil so I thought a nice 454 was in order. :laugh4 Located one in a junkyard in a 74 Caprice. It was the guys on here that talked me through the rebuild process as I did the job myself and never rebuilt one before. I located a rebuilt 12 bolt posi 4.10 and bought a brand new M21 with overdrive. This is the fastest car I own, dropping the hammer is NOT for the faint of heart. :yikes
I always like the hugger orange and white combination so that was an easy choice. I did have to give some extra thought on having a white interior but I promised myself that I would keep it clean! :clean

Well, guess I rambled enough. One day I plan to write up a web page for each of my cars with all the juicy details and pics as they progressed over the years. (like the wrecker thread on this site)

Thanks for asking. Telling this brought back some good memories.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just wanted to steal Jeff's thread. :jacked Just got back from a nice cruise. Used up all the gas I had but could have just kept going! It does turn heads. Got a few "Nice car" comments yelled out. :laugh3

Can't wait to see the 63 out in the sun light. Got lots to do yet, progress stopped on that one. :bang

View attachment 43858 View attachment 43859

Nice ride! Glad you had a good day for a cruise today, our weather definitely changed had light snow overnight and windy and cold today. Sucks

Maybe you will quit bitching about the weather for awhile,,,,,, that is till you go back to Hawaii!!!!!!!!:D:D

Wish I was back there today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks guys. :drinking

It can be tough sometimes. :laugh4

Yep. That car started out as a $500 dollar car I found sitting in someone's back yard. Had 56K original miles but had seen better days due to age. Was originally brown metallic with a tan vinyl top and interior, cloth bench seat, AT on column with a 307. I drove it for a long time with that equipment but the 307 got tired and started burning oil so I thought a nice 454 was in order. :laugh4 Located one in a junkyard in a 74 Caprice. It was the guys on here that talked me through the rebuild process as I did the job myself and never rebuilt one before. I located a rebuilt 12 bolt posi 4.10 and bought a brand new M21 with overdrive. This is the fastest car I own, dropping the hammer is NOT for the faint of heart. :yikes
I always like the hugger orange and white combination so that was an easy choice. I did have to give some extra thought on having a white interior but I promised myself that I would keep it clean! :clean

Well, guess I rambled enough. One day I plan to write up a web page for each of my cars with all the juicy details and pics as they progressed over the years. (like the wrecker thread on this site)

Thanks for asking. Telling this brought back some good memories.

M21 with overdrive. What's that, one of those Gearvendors?

bobs409

Administrator
Autogear from NY. This one is the M21 with overdrive and I also bought an M22 for the 66 Chevelle/409. Both have been great!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I never heard of a M21 with overdrive, you mean high gear has been changed to a less than 1:1 ratio?